Beauty Blab | Making Room for New Makeup

This past weekend has been moving hell. I won't get into details, but now I am finally settled into my new home in LA. My new room is loads bigger, but I hate how much clutter has built up over the past two years, especially when it comes to makeup. I've tossed out a bunch of things:

  • Lip glosses. They've oozed out of their containers, gotten sticky and dated, or just have gone past their expiration date. I have at least four that may have reached radioactive radiation status.

  • Old foundations. I have a bunch that don't match, aren't the right formulation, or is just plain OLD. Toss!

  • Powders and blushers that I've outgrown. I'm talking sparkly disco balls, powders that I've had for over three years, and a drugstore mattifier that just doesn't work!


A few things I'm looking forward to trying this fall:

  • NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation. I recently picked up NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli and fell in love, and I want to know how this new compact measures up! The shade range is phenomenal, but I may have to wait until the season gets colder/drier before I test it out.  I also have to use up a few compact foundations I already have lying around! ($48 retail)

  • Jouer's Creme Eyeshadow Crayon in Rococo and Baroque. As reviewed by Essiebutton and Rae from Raeviewer, these eyeshadow crayons seem to be a hyper pigmented and longer wearing version of Maybelline's Color Tattoo. Must try. ($24 retail)

  • Pixi Glow Tonic. This is more for my mom than me. She has hyperpigmentation, uneven skin texture, and acne scarring issues to address. I've heard nothing but massively positive reviews about this. Now....where to find it...($ mystery price)

  • Tom Ford's eyeshadow trio in She Wolf. Absolutely beautiful and overpriced. I feel like the $60 price tag can only be justified by how much use I can get out of it. I still have so many palettes that have not even been scratched at the surface, let alone hit pan!


My main goal, however, is to go on a no-buy for the rest of the month until I can find new employment in this strange and crazy new city. You can't ball with no budget after all. After seeing how much makeup I currently own cram into three plastic bins, I think my makeup binge is done for now. However, I won't say no to anything ground breaking. Fall 2013 collections have already started rolling out on department store shelves and I still have yet to visit the many malls currently surrounding my new home!

That's it for now. Let me know how often you go on a no-buy, or whether you use most of your makeup up before buying new products!

Be

No comments: