First Look | Drugstore for Fall

Let's get right into this one!

2013-08-08 15.24.36

From left to right: Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation in 35 Sand, L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner, Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Buff & Tuff and Downtown Brown, and L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup in W4.

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation in 35 Sand

I am really looking forward to see how the Dermablend will work as a tattoo cover up and concealer. I've seen how this works wonders on facial scarring and acne spots in Lisa Eldridge's tutorials, but wasn't sure I needed it until now since I may be starting work at a conservative company.

I was pretty surprised that the original price of the product was a whopping 30 dollars for 1 fl. oz. Thankfully, I got it on discount for 22 dollars. Still rather expensive for something that's "drugstore", eh?

The formula is thick, but runny enough to spread. Too bad the color selection is awful and hard to gauge in store. I figured Sand would be an alright match for a tan skintone, but I'm really using this for my inner forearm tattoo. I couldn't tell if Nude was yellow enough, and Gold looked way too dark.

L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

This seems like a great dupe for WEN cleansing conditioners. I am halfway through my WEN trial bottle in Almond Mint, and so far I am loving the results. Too bad the price point is too much to repurchase. I figured since Essie from essiebutton was raving so hard about the Evercreme line I might as well give this a shot. My ends are very dry and could use some TLC.

Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Buff & Tuff and Downtown Brown

I'm usually not a fan of loose pigments in general, since they get very messy and don't have great color payoff, but I had to get some to try for myself. I think these would look really great over their color tattoos or a white base (NYX Milk, duh herro!) I will have to wait until I get my hands on an eyeshadow brush before I can demo these for you.

and finally...

L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup in W4.

I had good results with the original formula, but haven't revisited the line in quite a while. For some reason, I freaked out in the dead of winter and denied all possibility that I could get as tan as W4. (Yeah, it looked ORANGE on my NC20 tone at the time.) I threw it away and never looked back. Now, with a month of summer left and a move to SoCal, I figure reinvesting in a new bottle wouldn't be so bad. In all honesty, this is one of the best drugstore foundations I've tried in a while. I'll be doing a review for you within the week.

That's it for my brief drugstore haul. I'm very curious about how these will turn out and have high expectations for all of them. I am really hoping that the cleansing conditioner will do the same job as my WEN, fingers crossed. I know I only have a month left of summer, but hopefully the LA heat will keep me tan and NC30 throughout the fall, too.  Have you guys gotten your hands on the Pure Pigments yet? What do you think?

Be

No comments: