Review | L'oreal True Match LUMI

Now that fall is coming, I am back to my glowy skin obsession. I picked up L'oreal True Match LUMI foundation at CVS about a month or two ago and think now is the right time for a review.

Before trying this out, I Googled through pages and pages of review. It seemed like a mixed bag. Some people were saying it transferred. Others loved the natural glow. Some people bashed it like an LA street rioter on the hood of a car. I had to figure out if it could hold its own as a drugstore foundation.

I like the line's concept of offering a color match in actual warm, neutral, and cool tones. Most drugstore foundations always run too grey or pink on my very yellow toned skin and I have the worst time finding a color match in stores, especially since I don't believe in opening the packaging just for my own selfish intentions, hah. However, I remembered that I was a W4 in the original formulation, and hoped it would be a match now. W 1-2 was much too light while W3 was a worthy opponent. I figured it was better to go darker than too light. The W4 color is now a spot-on match for my NC35 tone at the moment, but it was a good fit for NC30 a month ago.

2013-09-07 16.11.59

The LUMI foundation, pictured above, is a light to medium coverage formula that applies well with brush or fingers. (Excuse my awful nails.) It comes with a pump bottle and I use one full pump for my entire face. For the most part, I have well behaving skin that is currently slightly combo. I like using a brush since it is slightly liquidy and my RT brush gives me the most coverage and control with this foundation. Note that I do not have major discolorations, scarring, or acne.   I don't need concealer for any spots, and it gives a satiny natural finish rather than any obvious glow to the face.

Unlike other reviewers' testimonies, this foundation lasts a full 8 hours on my skin sans powdering. I do get greasy around the nose and general T-zone if I do not powder. Coverage fades into a natural skin finish by 6 hours. The best thing about this foundation is that it doesn't slide right off the face or cling to dry patches, despite being a luminous finish. Be careful to stay away if you are oily or even have a very oily T-zone. This will work wonderfully for dry-skinned gals, especially for the fall weather that's supposedly coming up.

2013-09-07 16.12.14

I used this for the entire month and longer and I did not get clogged pores or acne. Notice how it does get messy around the top of the nozzle. Nasty nasty, not for germaphobes.

LUMI gives a dewy and natural finish and would work well if you're on a budget. I picked mine up for only around $10.25 at CVS. Overall, I've been reaching for this on a daily basis even in the hot weather because it is very lightweight. It's a great liquid foundation when paired with other skin-prepping products and performs at a  solid drugstore quality level.

Be

PS: OMG OMG OMG I am running out to Target right after this post and picking up L'oreal's new limited edition Le Matte and Le Laque lip colors to do a review for you guys! OH MY GOD!

No comments: