Collection and Haul| Fall Essentials

Ah, fall. The time for mattes, berries, and vampy makeup to saturate the blogging world and make every post several berry lipstick collection videos a day. Here are a few of my picks for this fall season. L.A. has a very mild autumn that I'm in love with! It's not searing through my bones cold like NorCal, or wet and rainy like San Diego. Instead, there's a gloom over the skies that makes the temperature colder rather than too windy, wet, or freezing. Nice.

I did pick up several new things in time for the fall as my punchy bright lipsticks, blushes (also read: bronzers), and perfumes have gone back into their cryogenic chambers until next year. Darker, moodier, and sparklier colors are coming out to play. Also gone is the mattifying powder, as my skin is going back to its dry tendencies.



Lipsticks: My berry lip picks are a little different and hardly mentioned. YSL's Rouge Volupte in #12 Forbidden Burgundy ($34.00) is the nouveau riche pick for opaque, head turning color without the harlot label. Also, Thanksgiving is a time of eating, not lipstick touch ups! Maybelline's 410 Blissful Berry ($7.98) is a sheer one that won't be requiring any touchups since it leaves your lips with a stain all day. 

Eyeshadows: I hauled three new eyeshadow singles just for fall! My first eyeshadow pick for fall would be Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk ($6.99). I was originally never drawn to this color but decided that for the color months, perhaps a garnet on the eyes wouldn't be too harsh. It's a very creamy formula that leans almost toward a cool brown/taupe rather than full on red or purple entirely. 

Another two that are great are L'oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in 997 Eternal Sunshine and 556 Smoldering Plum ($7.98). The formulation is AMAZING and so buttery soft. While not as opaque as UD's Half Baked, Eternal Sunshine is great as an inner corner highlight as a soft gold that isn't yellow. Smoldering Plum does need some expertise to work into the crease, as a muddy/dark/sparkly eye is never attractive. 


From top to bottom: Smoldering Plum, Pomegranate Punk, Blissful Berry, Forbidden Burgundy, Eternal Sunshine, Warm Soul, MSFN Medium.

Blush: I've tucked away my bright Tarte blushes and peaches for now and hauled MAC's Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul ($25.00) for the colder months. With such bold eye and lip looks, it's better to pull the attention away from blush. I still want something that adds color but doesn't draw attention. With just a touch of glimmer, Warm Soul is a winner in my book for any season. 

PowderMAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium ($35.00) has replaced my Rimmel Stay Matte for the colder months. I no longer need oil control, and this powder (while rather ashy as a swatch) gives a great sheen and brightens my face while it sets my liquid foundation.

Perfume: It's time to break out the maneater perfumes with heavy white florals and warm musks lingering on the low neckline of your slinky black dress. I'm a huge fan of oriental perfumes in the winter (and night-time), and Dior's Hypnotic Poison ($75 for 1.7 oz) always does the trick. Sephora says its notes are "Bitter Almond, Caraway Spice, Sambac Jasmine, Cinnamon, Tuberose, Vanilla, Musk, Mosses, Jucarunda Wood." I say, not sure what "jucarunda root" is, but it sure smells like root beer upon first splash. I love root beer, so that's not a problem. After a few minutes it mellows down into a very sexy scent perfect for holiday office parties. It's not overwhelming, but more than one spritz is asking for trouble since it lasts so long on the skin.


That's all for tonight, hope you enjoyed seeing my fall star players. I'll probably be the girl rockin' crazy vampy lips even to the grocery store, but I feel bashful with dark eyeshadows. Holiday season isn't quite here yet, but once winter comes, you'll definitely be seeing my dark reds come out to play. 

Have a great weekend!
Be




No comments: