Favorites| October 2013

I seem to have quite a lot of high street favorites for this past month. Yet another month gone! The Sephora VIB sale is coming up soon, and since I have a quite a few items on my wishlist, my last month has had to be scrimp and save. I've been scrounging the drugstore for dupes, and I've found quite a lot of great things!


Clockwise: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 53, Flower Beauty Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara, Urban Decay Cannonball mascara, Sephora Microsmooth Foundation Face Powder in Medium Beige, NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee, L'oreal Infallible Shadow in Amber Rush, MAC blush in Immortal Flower. 

The highlighting concealer works very well for hiding slight dark circles (insomnia is amazing) and brightening the face in general. I've never tried YSL's Touche Eclat pen, but I think this is as close as it gets for 1/1000th of the price. I've heard of some people complaining that it doesn't last, but I set with a translucent powder.

The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation is definitely a great find for highstreet. Now I see why there's a cult centered around Bourjois products. This foundation is moisturizing, medium-coverage, and reminds me of MAC's Studio Sculpt for half of the price. It's a staple from now on for me.

You've seen my review for the Flower Beauty mascara, but in conjunction with UD's Cannonball, it's a match made in heaven. Long, long lashes that aren't crispy or flakey are yours to claim!

Ever since noticing that my MAC MSFN in Medium was a little too neutral/pink for my paler olive tone, I had to try to find a drugstore dupe. A lot of people claim that Rimmel's Stay Matte/Maybelline's Dream Matte powders are dupes. THEY ARE NOT. MSFN is a finishing powder with sheer coverage for drier skin types and gives a luminosity. It doesn't control oil. I asked around, and Sephora's knock-off is supposed to be the exact dupe for 8 bucks less ($22 retail.) I really enjoy it and it's yellow/glowy enough for me. 

NYX Butter Gloss in Creme brulee is so moisturizing for a gloss and the nude-y color makes it easy to layer over any lipstick. It's definitely a cult favorite for a reason. Amber Rush is also one of those staples that I can rub onto my lids and leave alone, and it still looks dimensional and worked on.

Finally, MAC's Immortal Flower is limited edition (I found mine on Ebay) and I believe it's the dupe I've been looking for. It's a light apricot with a tinge of pink and comes in a satin finish. I've been abusing this the entire month, even though I'm not quite sure if it's authentic or not. Whatevs, I love the color. 

That's all for today, I have to show you a few new things I've gotten at Sephora this past week. I've discovered that Downtown Disney's Sephora is literally 10 minutes away and parking is free. Woohoo!
Be



No comments: