Review| L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush

Although I have picked up quite a haul from the drugstore, I think the most exciting item has to be Amber Rush, an absolutely beautiful and unnecessary eye shadow for the fall season.

Image

Packaged in a glass container that has some good heft and not too much tackiness for my vanity, this eyeshadow is the strangest consistency I have ever seen in any formulation. When you push a packing brush into the pot, it feels almost like it's a densely packed loose shadow, as if a tiny lilliputian elephant jumped onto it until everything squished into a nice round brick of color. A stopper is included, but I threw it away. Tacky! Below is a swatch.Image

The actual color itself has been described as copper, a rose gold, the color of a penny, peachy-gold glimmer, MAC's Tan pigment dupe, reddish-bronze. I'm guessing it varies based on the color of your primer/eyelids and your complexion. On my olive coloring, it's a light rose gold that leans more peach than gold and more copper than bronze. It reminds me of UD's Chopper, but a little more peachy with the same shimmer/fine glitter dimension.

2013-10-08 17.00.05


Above are swatches of Amber Rush (top) and Urban Decay's Chopper (bottom). 


It's quite unique, and the powder does not crease at all even if I am a little heavy handed. I picked it up at Rite Aid for $7.99 retail. For the drugstore price, this eyeshadow is the best I've ever tried. I do wish L'oreal released several colors in a palette similar to UD Naked, but that would probably drive up the price like crazy. It's a lovely color and the excellent quality means you should give this color a try, even if you won't be picking up any other color in this line.

That's all for today. I went shopping for a vape today (time to quit smoking for good!). How's your week going? I'm just glad the weather is getting overcast.

Be

2 comments:

beautyconfidante said...

This color is gorgeous! I have been seeing this in the drugstore but didn't want to spend 8 bucks on it (I'm cheap), but after those swatches I think I just might have to!

minhvn29 said...

I knew it was hard to dupe, but wasn't sure until I got it. A lot of other rose gold eyeshadow options are pretty expensive compared to this one!