First Look| MAC Eyeshadow x15/Warm Neutral Palette (Limited Edition)

It's been three months since the release of MAC Limited Edition Warm and Cool Neutral Palettes ($100 each) but if you can get your hands on it in a MAC store you're one lucky gal. 

Though I had a mad love affair with collecting MAC lipsticks at one point, the single pan eyeshadows in their little bulky plastic hubs didn't entice me. Why buy single pans when I can get a Naked palette for 50 bucks? Curating my own collection with a palette, insert, and individual pro pans seemed like it would take too much time. There are so many beautiful colors and finishes that it would a) take 10 palettes to complete the collection I want and b) loads of money thrown at MAC. 

From left to right and top to bottom: Hey, Warm Breeze, Gingersnap, Dark Brew, Dance in the Dark, Brule Vanilla Extract, Honey Lust, Amber Lights, Saddle, Lemon Tart, Butterfudge, Creative Copper, Unwind and Divine Decadence. 
  If you were to customize your own 15 pan it will run you $160, though you would have much more control over which colors make the cut. 

Thank god they did the guesswork for me and put all of the warm neutrals I would like into a limited edition palette, because I wouldn't have thought of these colors otherwise. Three Naked palettes and a whole lotta hoading later, it was time to come home to the iconic MAC for eyeshadows.

I swatched from the top right going down with no primer and one or two passes each. The patchiest color was the dark brown/black (ick) and a few of the lighter cream shadows. The rest of them were smooth (but not buttery soft) and pigmented.

Now, if you're new to MAC but good pals with Urban Decay and Lorac, you'll find that these have much less fall out but don't pack as vibrant of a punch as Urban Decay shadows usually do when it comes to shimmer and frost. It took some easy adjusting to get used to how these don't fly all over even when you swirl madly into the pan. 

However, they are also a tad less pigmented than I'm used to. When I wear these on the eyes I layer over MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre and still find that they don't have the same vibrancy/visual impact. In fact, I find them very similar to Too Faced shadows in that they are pigmented but not OTT. Now I understand why more mature lids don't enjoy UD.


This is the best picture I could take to capture the different finishes of the shadows while showcasing the true colors. I am obsessed with coppers, golds, rose golds, and warm browns and use them almost exclusively in my daily looks so this palette was a no-brainer for me.

 Below are closer swatches of each color. There are some slight overlaps so be aware.




Overall, the quality of these shadows are lovely with the exception of the darkest and lightest matte shades. I really enjoy the size of this palette even if the plastic gets scratched up easily and there's no mirror. I also see this being very useful for pro makeup artists so that they can take the warm and cool palette along and suit every skin tone.

If you're interested, give your closest MAC store (not counter!) a call and come pick it up asap. These palettes are limited edition and already sold out online. 

xo Be















No comments: