Review| Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent


Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent ($8.99 at Walgreens) is an impulse buy spurred on by Tati from YouTube. I saw a Graveyard video where she was purging her powders and powder foundations and she had three tubs of these that she refused to let go.

It looks very pink toned in the tub but with a light dusting it is translucent and doesn't add any color or coverage over my liquid foundation. I'm a fan of my Laura Mercier tub o' powder, but it can get a little too mattifying at times. Ever since moving to Northern Cali, my skin has been dry enough to forgo powder. However, foundation never holds up well in air conditioned office spaces and a powder is the best preventative step I take to stop liquids from breaking up on the skin.

The Coty Airspun has some great pros:

  • Translucent and not pink toned.
  • Can be layered without looking cakey.
  • Lightweight and very finely milled.
  • Lots of product for a low price ( I hear that some can find a tub for less than 4 bucks at certain drugstores!)
  • Blurs fine lines and pores (but no effect on my deeper laugh line.)
  • Works well with dry to normal skin.
But also some cons:
  • Very strong fragrance. It smells like powdery roses and doesn't linger for more than 15 minutes, but I can see how many can be turned off by the scent.
  • The tub does not have a screw-on lid and isn't friendly for touch ups or traveling.
  • As with any loose powder, there is a lot of potential for messy powder residue on your vanity and work station.
  • Useless puff is useless.
 It creates this dreamy airbrushed effect that's very similar to the NARS Light Reflecting version but for a fraction of the price. The packaging also states that you can use this as a powder foundation. Somehow, without adding a pink tinge, it can be powdered over bare skin to hide redness and pores! 

If you're on a budget and don't mind scented products this setting powder is a true workhorse. I believe they have colored versions of this powder, so I'm searching for a more yellow based and light coverage edition.

xo Be


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the fragrance is a bit much but this shit lasts forever! I'm always blown away at how it still looks like I've barely used it... I even dumped some out into a container for my mom and it still looks full! It also has the most beautiful finish! Love!

Miss Renee said...

I used to adore this stuff! The only reason I stopped using it is because I have next to no patience for loose powders these days. But it really did sit beautifully on my dry skin. A true classic.

Unknown said...

LOL, *sift sift sift* WHY WON'T YOU DIEEEE!

Unknown said...

And, I have no time to patiently sift through and inhale finely milled particles into my lungs every morning LOL