Haul| Cheek Products: Benefit Cheekathon, Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer, and MAC Otherearthly Mineralize Skinfinish

I rarely have an urge to add new cheek products to my collection. After all, I usually prefer two color schemes for blush: orange (and variations of) and baby pink (which inevitably turns warm on my skin.)  My highlighter collection is growing morbidly obese and I rarely highlight on a daily basis. And bronzer? The tan I get every summer is from sun exposure (slaps wrist) and I revert to loving fair skin in the winter. 

Yet...my cheek product collection grows ever more obese. At this point, I have to put away some products as "back-ups" simply because I cannot rotate 3-4 similar looking bronzers at once. I'm pressed for time in the mornings, dammit!


Benefit's new Cheekathon Blush and Bronzer Palette ($58, available at Sephora, Ulta, etc.) caught my interest several months ago when I saw that 5 full sized blushes would be sold for the price of 2. Sephora priced it at $145 in value. I've always heard that Dallas and Rockateur are both ultra flattering for warm skin tones, and Coralista is the original Milani Luminoso for peachy pink lovers. 

Its real saving grace, however, is not the combo deal being served up but the slim-ness of the cardboard/magnetic packaging. I can ideally take it on longer trips if need be and have my options. It's easy to display on my vanity, and I bet you that depotting will be a cinch. 

Spoiler alert: I LOVE Dallas and Rockateur already. Dallas is perfect as a bronzer/blush option that can be blended from hairline to apples of the cheek. Rockateur is the perfect rose gold. Done deal. 

I've included swatches for this palette. From left to right: DallasCoralistaDandelion (this one is immensely pigmented when swatched on NC25-30 skin, unlike the solo version), Hoola bronzer, and Rockateur. They were one swipe each. 


In contrast to Hoola, the Physician's Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer in shade Bronzer ($14.99 at Ulta) leans slightly more neutral. This one is an instant holy grail. Its depth caters to those with fair-light-medium skin tones who want bone structure and/or warmth to the skin. I use it as a bronz-tour on the daily. Btw, the coconut-tropical escape scent is STRONG and reminds me of sun tan lotion, and it won't dissipate for a good hour on my skin. The slightly unwieldy compact comes with a really wacky sponge paddle brush to be thrown out immediately. 


Can you spot doge? 

Finally, I wanted to touch on the MAC Otherearthly Mineralize Skinfinish ($32, LE) It has a bronze, pink, and glittery silver option that can be blended to create a rose gold hue. I think it works well as a highlighter or blush topper. I've yet to see another true silver highlight on the scene sold exclusively as such. The texture is not as softly milled as Becca SSPs, but they are pigmented, easy to blend, and you get tons of product. The end effect of swirling the brush haphazardly? A glittery soft pink hue to your cheeks tempered by the bronze to blend in better to any look. 

Welp, time to purge some blushes!

xo Be