First Look: Buy the Hype

Sorry for the MIA without notice, honeys. I've been trying to balance basic housewife duties (walk the dogs, cook dinner, clean the house) with writing a six page paper about the Protestant Reformation for my final. Y'know, nbd. It usually isn't a problem, because I usually turn into a horrible sloth during finals week and neglect all duties. But lately I do feel a better upkick in my mood when I walk with the babies for at least an hour a day. Also, it's a cardio/weightlifting routine with all of the pulling and yanking I'm trying to correct out of them. Kidding. Not really. My arms are toned already.
With the husband out at work and summer passing by, I've also been very low maintenance with makeup. However, I've noticed quite a few products on hype and decided that now is as good as a time as any to try them out. If they mess up, at least only my dogs will judge me, right?

2013-07-31 18.30.30

2013-07-31 18.30.39

From left to right: MAC lip liner in Boldly Bare, Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss, Maybelline The Falsies mascara in Waterproof Very Black, and Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

The lipliner is a recent obsession for a defined lip line. I've been trying to cheat the system and go "au naturel", and without a single lipstick lying around it wasn't exactly hard to do. Maybe a lil too natural...I needed a defined lip. My husband couldn't tell I was wearing makeup, but he did say, "You look good today, are you trying to go somewhere?"

What, do I need a defined lip to appear in public?
...Yes.

I wasn't so impressed with the Nivea lip butter. Like others said, it smells amazing. However, I can't get the tin to open even if I had demon claws. The butter is too creamy and slides off my lips easily, and doesn't moisturize. I think they need to market this as the next diet solution. (Who needs food when you can smell your lips full!)

I have The Rocket mascara and still devoutly hold onto my Definicils as HG, but this is a new favorite. I've seen a lot of hype about how wonderful this is for a DS, but I didn't believe it since I'm not a fan of "volumizing" mascaras. They tend to make my lashes look like cockroaches and clump like hell. This one, however, holds a curl, lengthens like crazy, and doesn't smudge onto my bottom lashline. It also fakes a look of tightlining/eyeliner for all you ultralazies out there. Plus, Definicils over this? Are you a beaver? Cuz DAYUMMMM.

Finally, I just picked up this texturizing spray and already love it. You know how messy, "bedhead", nasty, knotty hair is always a thing in the summer? This takes you there pronto. My hair is recently self-ombred and a little roughened, but this spray mattifies it to a whole 'notha level and creates beautiful volume and texture. Plus it smells like coconuts and makes topknots last. Win win win.

I've been chosen to do my friend's gf's hair this Saturday (she saw my ombre and loved it!) I'll try to post up step by step pictures and tips for you, especially now that I'm finished with summer classes. Have a great day!

Be

No comments: