Minimalistic Melt-Proof Makeup

These past three weeks have been a nightmare for me. I've been juggling midterm essays with house hunting, packing my things up in bags for donation and moving, and trying to enjoy my last ever summer vacay. I've been moving batches of things over to my new place, and said goodbye to the majority of my makeup. And when I say majority, I mean that every miscellaneous beauty product I own is currently in a box about 100 miles away from my current location. You could also call this post: Face of the Next Two Weeks.

I kept only the best and basic for myself at the current house for daily use. Plus, my skin needed a much deserved break from heavy products and my clogged pores are already clearing. Being able to pack up and sort my makeup collection also meant that I threw away a lot of products I was no longer reaching for. As obsessive as I am about hoarding lipsticks and foundations, I don't like holding onto anything I'm not currently using. You should have seen my donation bag of clothes...those Vietnam Vets will be so duh fashun for sure. The products below are all you need for the perfect fresh face that holds up for 8 hours without too much touching up, but remove very easily.

2013-07-21 21.49.29

2013-07-21 21.49.37

From left to right: MAC Creemsheen Glass in Richer, Lusher; Lancome Definicils Waterproof in Black; Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash; Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue; Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free in Sand; NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger; MAC Harmony; Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze; Urban Decay Naked Flushed; MAC Cleanse Off Oil; Shiseido Sun Protection 50+

Okay, I hear what you're saying. This isn't a small list at all, but I swear that this creates the most natural face possible for me, and you can substitute the lip and blush products with anything else you'd like. The Naked flushed is perfect for that summer glow, and Harmony is my newest contouring shade. Used alone, Harmony is also a great "neutral" blush. It warms up my skin!

As for everything else, they create a perfect base that "makes up" my face without it looking like I'm wearing makeup at all. Not shown are the 4 face brushes I alternate between. I recently picked up the iconic LM tinted moisturizer to simplify my face routine, and it is living up to expectations. I will do a separate review very soon. For the record now, however, I will say it's a great product even if the color match is abysmal.

I packed all of my eye brushes away and decided that the color tattoo was all I needed to define my eyes for the summer. Lancome's Definicils is MY holy grail mascara; it holds up for the full day with no smudging or flaking and keeps a curl very well. And of course, I can't leave the house without filling in my eyebrows. (Although at this point, my left eyebrow is the only one that needs more definition. Damn you asymmetry!)

Also, I can't forget to mention sunscreen. Any sunscreen would do, and I like to reapply every two hours or so when I am in direct contact with the sun. Otherwise, I don't bother. I just put a little onto my fingertips and tap tap tap into the skin so that it doesn't smear off my facepaint.

Lastly, I take all of this makeup off with my MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I was surprised that this performed even better than my Clinique Take the Day Off Remover without leaving a sheen. It doesn't sting my eyes and washes off very cleanly.

That's it for today, I will be swamped for the next two weeks with my summer class final! I'll try to post up a review of recently hauled items for you. Be

No comments: