Beauty Blab| Pay Day Yay Day? A Wishlist

Sorry for the long hiatus, I've been going through a rather rough patch lately. I have been doing a lot of makeup swapping and will feature a swap haul within the week.

Well, let's rant. I'm currently on a low-buy due to y'know, living real life and not having two nickels to rub together, much less call myself  a broke college graduate. Times are tough, man. The good news is, my second interview for a very anticipated job at a local private school is coming through. The bad news is, I won't have a car until Friday when I'll have to bus up to NorCal (boo!) and test drive a few Honda Fits (boo!!) and then drive home on Sunday (tomatoes are flying!)

But hey, the father is being a very generous proprietor of his daughter's worth and dowry. Just kidding. I am grateful that I'll have a reliable means of transportation to really get into the interview ordeals and finally land a job. Hashtag wifelife does not suit me well. Besides the ho hum of doing things like pay rent, buy food, and make blood sacrifices to the gas station gods, I have a few things on my wishlist that need immediate funds to acquire. Here are just some ideas for what my first paycheck will be going toward.

Needs

  • A good professional business suit. By this I mean full on shoulder-padded blazers, pleated slacks, and starched white shirts. Not sure if I should go to Express or take the budget route and make a beeline for H&M. Which is funny, considering how much I shunned these two stores in the past for their "stuffy" attire suited to "unfashionable 30 year olds who work." Awkward. The good thing is, working at that private school probably means the dress code will be a lot more casual and will only require my boobs to go to boob jail in another ill fitted dress blouse rather than a full on blazer set. How I wish professional clothes were also comfortable, like velour track suits and sweatpants. Not to mention buying slacks are in another body shaming category of themselves. Le sigh.

  • Sensible kitten heels in black leather and nude leather. This is sort of a given, but I'm not sure where to look for these without breaking the bank. I'm not sure my Zara strappies are kindergarten children appropriate. I may impale several and face life-wrecking lawsuits.


Wants

  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. Ladies and gents, I am proud to announce to you that I am going straight back to the au naturel look when it comes to my base. My skin has never misbehaved, I don't know why I punished it with medium coverage foundation on a regular basis. I am enjoying my new UD Naked foundation at the moment and will do a review in a month's time. For now, I'm just lemming for the Chanel foundation because people sing its praises from the rooftops everywhere I turn. I don't know how much I'll lighten now that the worst of the heat is over and we're heading to autumn (yet I'm still in SoCal), but if I get anywhere close to NC25, I'm immediately purchasing this.

  • Tarte Amazonian clay blushes. I used to have two (Peaceful and Dollface) that I cherished very much. But apparently not really, because I swapped them away for something else and can't seem to remember what for. I've come to realize that these outperform almost every other blush in terms of lasting ability. I may be able to swap for this, so I may not have to spend extra on it in the first place.

  • Alexander Wang Rocco bag. Okay, just kidding. I do not have a grand on stacks sitting on my nightstand to blow on handbags. I really covet the design and have found a knock-off (but real leather) version online and may purchase in the near future. I've also been eyeing Phillip Lim's collection at Target, but god knows those mini satchels are probably sold out by now. Oh well, too late.

  • A couch. No, really. I want something so soft and comfortable and plain that I can lounge on for hours. My current couch was rummaged from the depths of hell and its faux leather loveseat qualities makes me let the dogs sit on it. Horrendous. I'm guessing Pottery Barn is a little out of price range (lol) so Ikea will have to do.


Bleh, that is all for now. I really have been diligent with budgeting, and the real prize of landing a job is how much I can contribute to maintaining this new household. I'm excited to be buying my first vehicle (one that isn't breaking down and is above 3 grand that is) and going off to job interviews again. I'll get back to you soon with a swap haul!

 

Be

No comments: