First Look| MAC Rebel and Diva DUPES

The Internet beauty world is a vicious cycle of researching, eye raping swatches, reading reviews, and stalking other beauty blogs until I give up and just run to my nearest department store to spend boatloads of money. However, since I am on a tight budget, I decided to find dupes for MAC's Rebel and Diva at the drugstore. According to MakeupbyCheryl, Wet n Wild had great dupes for the shades, but they were sold out. After spending a good amount of time perusing the aisles and trying to recollect from my memory which brand has the best formulation, I settled upon Maybelline's lipsticks.

 2013-09-19 16.07.42


420 Deepest Cherry and 410 Blissful Berry


So, as you can see, they belong to the general realm of berries and dark plums. However, these drugstore dupes were $7.99 (Buy one get one half off!) at Rite Aid rather than MAC's 15 a pop lipsticks. As I have no method of transportation at the method besides my weary feet, I didn't want to harass the husband into taking me to the mall to buy something as trivial as makeup (sarcasm).


2013-09-19 16.08.34 (1)


As you can see from this hideous picture, the colors are rather comparable. Not exact, but comparable. Blissful Berry took a few (okay, four) swipes to show up opaque and Deepest Cherry took two. However, they stain even when wiped off, especially the berry shade. I can see both being dabbed onto the lips to create a Korean ombre milky lip. You can also layer it on for a playful twist on the vampy trend this fall.


2013-09-19 16.13.28


Excuse my lined and chapped lips. This is Blissful Berry, the dupe of MAC Rebel. This picture is showing it pretty true to shade, maybe a hair lighter. It's very wearable for my NC40 coloring at the time. I won't show you how Deepest Cherry looks, since it looks absolutely dreadful if you don't prep your lips before wear. While I doubt these dupes are on par with MAC's formulations, they are still half the price of the real thing and very soft, long lasting, and not drying. They smell like crayola, but that's still better than L'oreal's sexy grandma play-doh smell. I did look through L'oreal's collections of lipstick but quickly shied away from the smell. BLEGH!


That's all for today, I'm taking pictures of my swap haul for you guys and will post it soon!


Be



No comments: