First Look| L'oreal Le Matte and La Laque.

I finally have ventured outside of my 10 mile zone to another Target in search of these mystical lipsticks. And they are indeed mystical. I hadn't been able to find them for the past few weeks, even though it's been out for at least two months now. Such is the life of limited edition items; they get clamored over by crazy makeup enthusiasts and disappear, never to come back.

Ah, but I've finally found them. Here are some swatches and pictures for your enjoyment. You may live vicariously through me.

2013-10-01 12.08.13

2013-10-01 12.09.43

From left to right: 414 I Lacque You A Lot, 413 Lacque-onic, 409 Matte for Me. Below, the order is reversed.


 

2013-10-01 12.11.31



Matte for me is a blue based pink, in the same family as MAC's Girl About Town/Crosswires/Impassioned.


Lacque-onic is my favorite, a true red with a shine. 


I Lacque You A Lot is an orange-red that seems similar to MAC's Lady Danger with a shine. 



None of the colors are particularly wearable for every day (work/school) unless you're the adventurous type, but they are beautiful nonetheless. They remind me of NARS' matte and satin lip pencils with a much lower price point, and dare I say they are much less drying? I'd love to pick up even more, but I received the matte shade in a swap and only found the other two at Target. Also, I believe they retail for about 8 to 10 dollars (if you can find them, try to buy a few just in case!)


All three shades are very opaque and pigmented, long wearing, and not prone to bleeding or drying. The matte shade applies like a satin and dries down to a matte and wore down to a light stain after three hours. The La Laques are a little more prone to feathering if not laid on top of a liner, but they do not slide around.


The only downside is that they smell rather outdated and "drugstore", which is a given. I really hope that these are just L'oreal's way of testing the waters before jumping in with a more extensive collection.



Have you been able to find these at your local drugstore or Target? I think most people are having good luck with Target. Let me know what you think!


Be

1 comment:

Luchessa said...

Hey Be, i just discovered your blog when i was looking for some Maybelline Eye Studio in Copper Chic swatches.
You should def have a Twitter account connected with your blog, that way you can chat much easier with your readers & promote your posts!
Don't be shy, your blog should be seen!
xo