Review| Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion

We all know that Urban Decay is a cosmetic powerhouse when it comes to eyeshadows, lipsticks, setting sprays, (okay everything), but they also take the cake when it comes to primers. I stock up on their eye shadow primer every chance I get and have never wandered elsewhere. Of course, I should have known better that they would have a primer for lips. If you want your eyeshadow and foundation to look flawless all day, why not your lips?

Well, duh. They've already thought of that. It's called the Lip Primer Potion. Urban Decay claims, "This invisible primer lays a silky foundation for your favorite lipstick or gloss. Color is truer, applies smoother, lasts longer, and will not feather!" It retails for $20 and contains moisturizing Vitamins A, E, and C as well as SPF 15. It has no color payoff and the worst it will do is let your lipsticks apply true to color.

lipprimerpotion

Bold claims, considering how most lipsticks fade unevenly on my lips and leave them looking drier and crustier than a teenage boy's quilt blanket. Disgusting. Even the creamiest lipsticks tend to fade much quicker than intended, even with flawless prep work and Satanic prayer. It's also the reason why red lips haven't become my signature look and fuchsia lipsticks only venture out in the evening. Like, two hours max before I rush home and furiously scrub my lip flakes.

Well, I have to say that this is the best swap investment I've ever made. Take a look at my test run schedule this morning:

  • 8:00 AM- Wearily eye bold lipstick stash and wonder when I'll ever use them up. Notice the lip primer in the corner. Test time! I apply it over bare lips (I applied balm in the bathroom), line with MAC's More to love lipliner, and apply UD's Bang lipstick haphazardly within the general mouth area. Wink at sexy clown looking back at me in the mirror.

  • 11:30 AM- Head out the house to run errands and get Starbucks. Order a tall iced coffee and their new Spinach croissant. Noms. Immediately look in mirror. The glossy top layer of the lipstick is gone, but the original color is still on! And even! The color is not as "satiny" but is a lovely matte.

  • 1:00 PM- First vape of the day. Check in bathroom mirror, color is still there!? Lips feel a little tight, but no noticeable flakes are coming out. I apply NYX's Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee. Usually this starts an awful cycle of peeling and reapplication that cannot be remedied.

  • Now (2:00 PM)- Lip line is not as precise as in the morning, but nothing is bleeding outside of the lines, even with gloss. Color is just as vibrant as in the morning and the faint gloss added back the sheen I wanted. No flakes! Woohoo!


I am in love with this lip primer, considering how I've never seen this at Sephora before. I've always thought that lip primers are over-glorified lip balms, but this is the bomb. The formulation feels like a heavy wax based lip balm and takes a bit of elbow grease to apply, but the end result is so worth it. I would rather wear this under every lipstick and take an extra minute in my routine than have to constantly check my mirror in paranoia. Where has this been all my life??

Well, I have another interview tomorrow, and the hubs has finally found work within Orange County. Happy day! I'll be rocking my red-orange lip look into tonight's celebration dinner.

Be

No comments: