First Look| High End Complexion and Palette Haulabration


As a shopaholic, it takes a certain self-awareness to know your own demons. After receiving a job offer, I couldn't help but to celebrate with a haul. When I'm sad, I usually head to the mall. When I'm happy, I usually head to the mall and come back with a long receipt and the guilt of ten mass murderers.

As the weather is now definitely cold, harsh, rainy, windy, and generally gloomy, I wanted something to perk up my complexion. In specific, I wanted to add a glow without a bronze, if that makes sense. Enter Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Dore ($58 retail), charmingly known as Ballz to the makeup blog world. These add a very subtle hint of radiance to my skin and works as a finishing powder. 

For a base, I decided to bite the bullet and finally try out the infamous Estee Lauder Double Wear in Sand 1W2 ($36 retail). It's been a week of constant use, and I really enjoy the formula. It's a medium coverage foundation that glides on effortlessly and is indeed long-wearing as it claims. Its also a natural finish rather than a dreaded matte as I was expecting. 

And of course, for skincare, I got my hands on REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Mask ($55 retail). It smells and feels like marmalade, but it tightened my pores and got rid of flakes in just one use. It's also a complete b*tch to take off, but they give you a handy muslin for that purpose.

You can find my first look and review of the Laura Mercier Artist Palette for Eyes in the post below. I also picked up another Lancome Cils Booster, because this shiz is the shiz. It's doing work on my lashes, especially in the length deparment. I will do a review of the YSL Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry shadow palette in #9 ($55 retail) in another post since I have loads to rant about that one. I'll also be posting an in depth review of the Stila In the Light palette ($39 retail) for you in the upcoming week. 

Oh, and I shamefully made VIB Rouge. Tsk tsk.

Work has been great, I think I would enjoy it more if I wasn't working on the holiday weekend after Thanksgiving. Oh well, c'est la vie. 

XO, Be





No comments: