Haul| Ulta- Lorac Pro Matte Palette


When you're stuck on a boat for 6 hours, the sun is beating down, and you're allowed access to a smartphone...things get a little hazy. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 20% coupon and went a little buckwild with my haul.

Plus, in my deranged mind, I'm trying to save up enough points to get the $125 reward and go on a little shopping spree. What? I don't need more makeup? Bah, humbug.



Lorac Pro Matte Palette (Limited Edition) ($28)- While the Metals palette looked absolutely stunning, I already had dupes on every color and couldn't justify the purchase. As for mattes? I can never have enough. I'm hoping this palette will be sleek enough for travel and to stash in my work makeup bag. Do I need it? Nah.

Here are some swatches in various lighting sources for your amusement. Some shades look rather chalky, but I assure you that they all felt very creamy and easily blended on the eyes.






Urban Decay Lip Liner in 1993 ($20)- I think I have more "MLBB" lip liners than colorful ones and I can't stop collecting them! I like to fill in my lips with a liner before I head off to work so that it lasts through several cups of coffee and breakfast. This lip liner is definitely lighter and more wearable than its lipstick counterpart, but it's still very brown and currently on trend.

Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Foundation in Nude ($40)- I've been lemming this for quite some time. I've heard several people rave about it as their HG powder foundation, but I've held off on purchasing since my skin reverted back to dry/normal. I'm hoping this will tide me over until the summer ends and my tan fades. It sounds like a formula dupe of the MAC MSF Natural or Sephora Baked Microsmooth powder.

Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon ($25)- This was a free GWP along with my Becca powder. I've heard great things about its staying power, but I'm a little wary that the consistency will be too thin and I won't be able to get a precise application.

For staples not pictured, I picked up:

Redken All Soft Conditioner ($15)- My hair is so coarse, dry, and thick that I use leave in conditioner every time I shampoo my hair. Now that my hair is finally long I need a conditioner that will moisturize my scalp and ends and makes my hair soft. Ulta frequently sells salon liter sizes (with a free pump!) so I had to pick up a bottle to try for myself.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Makeup Remover Wipes ($7.99)- These were buy 2 and get 1 free, and I hoard makeup wipes like it's the apocalypse. I usually like to remove my base makeup with a wipe before the gym and deep cleanse before bed.

The Becca powder is going back due to its absolute sheerness and I frankly have enough setting powders but I'm happy with everything else! I can see the matte palette being a great staple for smokey matte looks that's especially popular right now. 

xo Be

No comments: