Review| Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Pen in Medium


Would it be strange to say that the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color ($22) is too natural? Medium is the perfect ashy grey tone for darker eyebrow hairs that aren't brown, but the application and color combined makes me look like I have bushy, untamed eyebrows. 


I mean, that's not a bad thing right? Until I try to carve out a defined shape...and then it all goes to shit. The tiny felt tip makes it easy for me to fill in the bulk of my brows using short and light strokes, but it looks absolutely ridiculous when I try to draw on a tail (my biggest brow failure.)


The formula is light and watery and does not have a waxy texture or grippy feel. I guess that's also one thing I enjoy about brow products. Don't get me wrong, this stuff lasts all day as advertised! Still I cannot get over the fact that this stuff is just way too natural looking and gives me the bushy look I had from my teenage years. Not pretty. 

If you can ignore the intense and heavy handed highlight, you can see that my brows look very very blessed in the hairs department thanks to this brow pen. I almost want to go in with my tweezers and have a field day. 



I've done a swatch below comparing it (far right) to the Shu Hard 9 pencil in grey (middle, but not so grey looking) and the Hourglass brow pencil in Soft Brunette (far left.) See!? It's grey! Also note that the Shu pencil is very very waxy and needed a good pressing on the skin to show up, while the Stila version required 3 passes to show up that opaque. 


Who do I see using this? Two extremes: those already blessed with a good brow shape but lack volume in the body of their brows or those with minimal brow hairs who want to painstakingly feather them on. I ain't got time for dat, and a quick outline of my brows is sufficient enough to bring out the tail shape and define the boday. 

This one is going back. It's an amazing product...just not for me!

xo Be

No comments: