Review| Wet n Wild Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana


If you have dry skin and are looking for a great setting powder that isn't Guerlain, NARS, or some other high end fancy pants branded product...look no further than the drugstore. 

The Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer SPF15 in Reserve Your Cabana (around $5)  is not a bronzer unless you're pale as a sheet. Even then, I doubt it would work as a bronzer because this shiz is subtly shimmery....

For the price you get a huge pan! There's no mirror, so I depotted mine into my own z-palette because the packaging looks horrendous on my vanity. 


So fat. I love it.


Sure, it COULD work as a subtle highlighter as well if you like the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow's highlighter shade or the Kevyn Aucoin highlighting powder in Candlelight (swatched below.) WnW's "bronzer" is along the same vein. I myself have intensely dry skin that won't produce oil unless it reaches a 100 degrees outside and 99% humidity in the air. So, it works beautifully as a setting powder from NC20 to NC40. I think very tan to deep skin tones will find this too ashy/chalky to work. 

This is indoor lighting. My wrist looks to be at NC30 here. 


This is flash photography. It has less luminosity as the other two designated highlighters, but is more *stark* white. 


Here it is in natural outdoor sunlight. You can't see any visible particles of glitter, which is a huge plus if you're going to put it all over your face. 


Seriously, these are the same thing as Guerlain Meteorites or Hourglass Ambient powders! It's cheap, effective, and sets my liquid base product without making me look flat. 

xo Be

No comments: