Review| CoverFx Anti-Age Smoothing Eye Primer


I've tried a lot of eye creams that promised me less lines and fewer wrinkles, hydration, and blah blah blah false promises and lies. It could also be my fault for not using it religiously, because I hate dipping my fingers into a tiny little pot of eye cream and then upon closer inspection find a tiny dog hair. Yeeeck!

Now that I'm two years into my twenties, I think that under-eye hydration is very important for maintaining elasticity and firmness in the skin. I don't think there's going to be a miracle product that will make my skin completely smooth under there (my eyes, pervert) but a girl can try. 

With a nice recommendation from an online board friend, I picked up the CoverFX Anti-Age Smoothing Eye Primer ($34) and hoped to wave my fine lines goodbye. Yes, it's marketed as a primer but I think it's a glorified eye cream. It does jackshit for my lids in terms of prolonging the wear time of eyeshadows but it does seem to "smooth" them out for application.


The pump is sanitary and dispenses the right amount of product for both eyes. They advise you to use on clean skin in the mornings underneath concealer, foundation, and whatever base products we use to delude ourselves. 

There's no discernible scent...it smells fresh, like a cucumber, if I really try to smell it. It's not so thick that it will slide around on top of the skin, but I like to massage it in for a second or two and take the remainder into my laugh line. I haven't had a single case of creased concealer or anything settling into my fine lines every time I reach for this as part of my morning skincare regimen. They come right back if I don't use this primer but the extra step is a small price to pay.



It seems like an extraneous step to take in the morning, but the one thing that bothers me is how concealer can hide my dark circles but accentuate my lines. I don't want to look like I've been up all night binge-watching Netflix instead of getting a good night's sleep!

Now...if I can find an eye cream for PM use that will actually diminish these fine lines. 

xo Be































No comments: