Review| Laneige Water Tints


After seeing the Laneige Water Drop Tints on a favorite MakeupAlley board member, the lems were strong and hard to resist. They looked like an opaque jelly finish on her that wasn't too thick or high maintenance. 

When I scoured the interwebz for this product, I found it on EBay for approximately $22 each from AmorePacific, the official vendor. Expensive for a lip product? You bet. 

Still, the swatches and online raves were too strong and I picked out two: Peach Coral and Scarlet Red



I can't say I'm very impressed and wish I had only bought one to try out before spending so much money on lip products. In fact, Revlon's Moisture Stain lip glosses are way better than these!

1. They are not very opaque on my lips. I need to apply two or three coats to get a true color payoff on the lips. Peach Coral goes on very light in pigmentation on my lips and is a little white based, which means it can accentuate dry peeling skin and general texture. Scarlet Red is great for an every day hint of color or for red noobies. 

2. They are neither drying or moisturizing, but are definitely not comfortable to wear alone for an entire day without lip balm underneath. It's not as if they peel my lips but I constantly feel an urge to press my lips together. 

3. The texture is hard to get along with...it's not exactly sticky or binding like your typical gloss. It's exactly as the name suggests: a watery tint. It glides on the lips well but never seems to really *set* and irks me. They can bleed outside of lip lines if you're not precise, so you need to recruit a mirror. 

4. The one positive note: These things do stain the lips and anything you wipe them on. My arms were stained for a while after removing the swatches with a makeup remover wipe. I also enjoy the doe foot applicator that's small enough to  deposit color on the lips with a straight wipe across. 



This is one pass each. Looks impressive, right? Not so on your lips especially if you have pigmented ones. The best bet for these? Buy colors that you know will show up, unless you like just a hint of color on the lips as a fresh stain. I'm not going to repurchase another color.

xo Be





No comments: