Review| Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Duo in #4



I am not a cream product aficionado in any way. While I like the lasting power of using a multi-purpose cheek and lip product (or even lipstick as blush) I don't like having to use my fingers to blend out face products. I end up resorting to stippling brushes and sponges or foregoing the entire ordeal.

So, guess who has the Kevyn Aucoin Scuplting Powder in Medium AND a backup AND the Candlelight highlighter? Hrm. I decided to pick up Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow in #4 ($28) because I wanted something even MOAR NATUREL for my work bag that I could slap on without much precision or effort. 

I believe there are 3 other (nyuck, genius) options that are blushes within this Creamy Glow range. 


One thing: this stuff is subtle. I mean, the highlighter is even more softly pigmented than its powder counterpart. Instead of a "glow from within" you get practically flawless skin in a (slightly unsanitary) pan. It doesn't accentuate pores or skin texture, and you can really go heavy handed with it. It glides on the skin for precise application but also blends well without being runny like a liquid highlighter. 

On the other hand, the contour shade is warmer and lighter than the Sculpting Powder meaning you can definitely use it as a double for bronzer. I usually like swiping a bit onto the very hollow of my cheekbones and quickly blending out/up to bring back dimension to my face after foundation.

Did I mention that it's 0.16 oz in total? It's incredibly tiny and I can definitely hit pan on this in a few months, which is a small (?) price to pay for a no-contour look. You won't see a stripe of BROWN across my face here, only because I'm trying to use it frugally. 

xo Be






































No comments: