Review| PIXI Endless Silky Eye Pen

All hail PIXI for creating the BEST eyeliner at any price point. 

The PIXI Endless Silky Eye Pens are pencil eyeliners that behave like liquid liners, and they're only $12 each. I picked up four to try online, thanks to $25 minimum shipping, but I may have to visit a local Target and buy THE REST OF THE COLLECTION for instant gratification.



They GLIDE on like a dream without creasing, fading, or running for the entire day once set. If I slightly close my eyes and count to 5 after application, there's absolutely no transfer on my hooded lids for the rest of the day until I take it off with an oil-based remover. 

My favorite color for pencil eyeliners is bronze or a shimmery variation of brown to define my smaller hooded eyes without closing them up. I picked Oyster Glow to replace my Rimmel ScandalEyes in Nude, Bronze Beam to eventually replace my MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy, and the golden green and plum to experiment with color.

The colors: 
Oyster Glow (light creamy glow) 
Bronze Beam (true bronze) 
Deep Plum (rich plum) 
Sage Gold (Deep golden green)

 One pass, no primer:


Under flash photography: 


Fun fact, these swatches on my inner wrist lasted through an entire day of chores around the house, repeated hand washing, and liberally rubbing with tissues to see if the color would fade. Endless indeed...


Some contact lens wearer have complained that the formulation is so soft that, combined with an iron grip, it gets all over their lenses. GURL, why are you applying makeup after you put your contacts in? So I kid...because I do the exact same thing, even placing the liner onto the waterline, with no horrendous transfer resulting in blindness. 

Yes, the soft formula also means that you will have to sharpen every 3-4 uses or so. They don't break inside of my Lancome sharpener for which I am eternally grateful. 


In comparison to some other well known pencils with a wide color range that I've tried...
  • Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliners are stiffer (not as nice to the waterline), just as long lasting, but can never truly be sharpened to a point. The colors stay vibrant with these. 
  • NARS Larger Than Life Long wearing Eyeliners irritate my eyes, can smudge down my lower lashes, cannot be sharpened to a point without wasting product, and slightly less creamy. 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils fade throughout the day and can transfer everywhere when they have not set. They almost always smudge on my hooded lids. 
  • Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liners are one of my favorites. These are drier, just as long lasting, and great for "smudging" or waterline work rather than creating precise lines on the eyelids.
  • MAC Eye Kohls are easily sharpened, stiffer without being dry, and don't transfer at all. However, they're not my favorite for tight-lining. 
  • Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliners are soft, easy on the waterline, but terrible for lid work. They get everywhere on me and never set. 
Besides the fact that they're the best formula of pencil eyeliners I've ever used, they may be LESS affordable if you run through eyeliner on an every day basis, since sharpening is frequent if you prefer a precise point every time. 

No, I regret nothing. I will buy more. I need more. More colors. 

xo Be

No comments: