First Look| Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer in R30

Have you seen the hype on the new MUFE Ultra HD Concealers ($27)? I'm sure everyone who's anyone and their mom received the full collection for review. 

As I am only a lowly plebe, I picked up R30 for review. There are 10 total shades in R (for correcting peach and pink tones) and Y (for yellow brightening tones). I believe these are meant to be under-eye concealers that can be used on blemishes as well. You should be careful when picking out your shade, as these concealers actually cater to very fair skin. Their light-medium colors are truly light colors in any other line. I picked R30 for my NC20-25 winter skin, but R32 is much more orange and perfect for me at NC25-35. 

I did purchase Y23, but it was much too light for a "light-medium" shade and seemed to match NC15-20 skintones. I mean, it was HELLA brightening, but I also looked like a reverse raccoon in the mirror. Y31 seems to be much darker and more olive (around NC27-32!)


Much less is more with this concealer which offers a tidy squeeze tip. One dot is perfect for both eyes...seriously. 


Here's the shade on my hand which is around NC25-30. It seems light and pink, but looks more neutral-peach on my skin. 


To recap for those who can't believe the hype: it's real. The packaging is sanitary and compact. You have a great range of colors that can correct, conceal, or highlight. The formula is ultra lightweight (comparable to the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealers) but with more coverage (think NARS RCC) which makes it a match in heaven for those with creases/fine lines AND discoloration to conceal. They also don't set immediately, so you have some time to layer or set your concealer with a powder if needed. If you're wary of the tiny tube size, just know that a little goes a very long way. 

As for the wear? Phenomenal. I noticed minimal creasing (because, let's be real, I have fine lines under the eyes that won't plump up no matter how much sleep I get) and absolutely no fading under the eyes. However, I wouldn't say that this is tacky enough for blemishes and hyper-pigmentation on the face unless you set it down well. I always dot the excess on my chin, and with my slovenly eating habits, any base products will slide right off after a meal.

If you're in the market for a brilliant under-eye concealer that doesn't look heavy and cakey or lacking in opacity...this is it!

xo Be