Review| Le Rouge Givenchy (202 Rose Dressing/304 Mandarine Bolero)











Though I may haul many and often, I have a hard time justifying spending close to 40 dollars for a single tube of lipstick...which is why these were generously given to me via multiswap on MakeupAlley. I've always been curious to see if the price point of a lipstick determines its performance. 

These Le Rouges from Givenchy retails for 36 dollars which to me is about two dinners for two in Garden Grove. Never mind the fact that Tom Ford sells his lipsticks for close to 50 dollars. Good lord, that sounds like an expensive addiction...much like cocaine...fleeting and costly?

Encased in real leather and a metallic closure thingie (I have no clue how to describe it other than the fact that it does snap shut), these lipsticks are fancier than you'll ever be. Look at that logo etched onto the lipstick itself. Absolutely and pointlessly luxurious. 


As for performance? 

Texture: A little bit on the matte side and can cling to dry patches. It's best that you exfoliate and moisturize well. It won't peel your lips off like a matte formula from MAC, but it's not flattering nonetheless. It doesn't drag on the lips, which is a huge surprise.

Color: The color payoff is awesome, as expected for a matte formula. It lasted through 4 hours of wear, a hearty bowl of pho, and my manic impulse to rub my lips together constantly. It also reapplied very well and didn't look patchy afterwards when it faded. I absolutely love these two colors for my olive complexion. 304 Madarin Bolero is the perfect coral red for spring and summer, rivaling my MAC Lady Danger. 202 Rose Dressing is the perfect "uptight but polished" color that's perfect for work. 

Smell: Sadly, the smell and taste of these babies are very off-putting. The smell is not pungent but the taste is pure plastic heaven. If you enjoyed munching on glue as a child, this may bring back good memories. 

I feel super grateful that an MUA swapped this with me, but I feel like brand imaging was strong with this one. Overall, they lasted well but I dreaded re-application time once it came. As fancy as the tube was and as rich-betch as I felt pulling it out of my Coach handbag, it tasted like dollar store crayon. 

So, do you think I should venture into Tom Ford next? I feel like there is criticism on the market for these Le Rouges, but everyone and their mom digs $TF. 

xo Be

No comments: