Haul| A Few Curiosities: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Diva, NARS Matte Multiple in Vientiane, Tarte Airbuki, etc.

For strictly "research" purposes, I trekked to the mall today to find new and interesting items to review for you guys, especially products that were released for Spring 2014. That being said, expect to see reviews on most of these products in the future! In the meantime you'll have to make do with my first impression of each product. 



 From left to right: NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura, MAC lipstick in Syrup, Benefit Porefessional, Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation in O40. Tarte Airbuki Brush, NARS Matte Multiple in Vientiane, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Diva, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Granite. 

NARS Cordura duo ($35)- Pigmentation and texture is on point with this duo, and I'm really looking forward to simplifying my eye makeup routine even further with this baby in my makeup bag. I'm a sucker for warm browns, but this duo comes off more neutral and darker than the pan suggests. 

MAC Syrup ($16)- This shade is lovely, but what surprised me is how flattering it is on my lips. I always thought that Syrup would only work as a MLBB shade if I was cool-toned and pale, but it's flattering as is on my NC35 skintone. It's also really moisturizing for a MAC formulation, but I'm sad that these lipsticks are getting more and more expensive ($16 retail?? What happened to 15??)

Benefit Porefessional primer ($30)- As I slowly age and wither away, my pores have become much more apparent if I don't prime prior to applying my base. I use this only in the center of my face, but I'm stocking up since it's been a repeat offender in my stash for every morning.

Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation ($38.50)- I didn't mean to purchase this, but the sales assistant at the Shiseido counter had on such a flawless face that I couldn't help but to stop by. I originally wanted to get color matched to the Sheer and Perfect formulation, but this version is more appropriate for the upcoming warm weather. It's a semi-matte formulation with medium coverage and feels literally weightless on the face. O40 is a tad light for me, hovering between NC30 to NC35. 

Tarte Airbuki brush ($26)- Meant for use with their Airbrush foundation, I find this to be just as great for liquid formulations and super convenient for traveling or touch ups. 

NARS Matte Multiple ($39 retail)- I wasn't intrigued by the blush-like shades, but the two bronzer-like colors caught my eye and made me dream of a perfect contouring routine. Vientiane is a tad darker and more red than Altai meaning it will be perfect for my summer skin. 

Chanel La Diva ($35)- Fancy packaging? Check. Beautiful pigmentation? Check. Ludicrous price point? Check. I'm so excited to wear this for spring but I'm also scared to even touch the bullet to my lips. I'm hoping this will be a lovely fuchsia that rivals NARS lip pencil in Yu or MAC Candy Yum Yum. 

Brow Wiz in Granite ($21)- I picked up two of these after seeing a recommendation from Rae (of the Raeviewer.) Her brows are always perfected and complements her dark hair. While I have several backups of several colors, I wanted to match Granite to my newly dyed black-brown hair; it seems even ashier than Ebony and a tad lighter.  

That's all, folks! I'm very happy to have these items in my collection and get started on reviews for you!

xo Be





No comments: