First Look| Mail Call! (Sephora, Clinique, Etude House, and Esqido)

I'm back from a week long trip to NorCal (where I basically starved to death listening to my mom's comments about how fat I'm getting, lol.) Though we visited the Holy Land aka Valley Fair Mall, I didn't see anything I really wanted to haul at Sephora. In fact, I knew I had the foundation and Cheek Pop coming in the mail when I got back to the OC. I did go through and swatch the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes, but they were out of stock in most colors. (I also saw that they were carrying Armani- I was thisss close to hauling Luminous Silk in the right shade.)

Anyway, take a look at what came in! I do have a few more items coming in the mail, but I'll save that for a later post. Of course, all items mentioned here will get a separate review in the future. 



Etude House Drawing Eye Brow in #5 ($4.99 on Ebay)- This stuff rocks! It's inexpensive and lasts all day, not to mentioning performing just as well as my beloved Brow Wiz at a fraction of the price. Shade #5 is an ashy grey with no red tones whatsoever. I love the slanted tip that makes defining my the bottom of my brows a breeze. This took about a month to come in, but that's EBay for ya.

Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation ($26 retail)- I got the shade Medium, which matches me to a tee right now (NC30-35) thanks to its strong yellow tones. The limited range of 5 colors means you might not get a match, but this supposed dupe for Dior's Airflash is as amazing as the reviews say! Satin, long lasting, light weight, and high coverage! Wowza! Plus you get 1.8 oz of product and the spray can doesn't deposit color everywhere (y'know: hair, clothes, vanity, floor, basically anywhere but your face.)  

Clinique Cheek Pop blush in Plum Pop ($21 retail)- I held off on purchasing this for as long as I could, but the design in pan was just too hard to resist and I wanted a cool toned pink in my collection of flattering and predictable peaches. That's not to say the Peach Pop isn't on its way, but I'm still undecided about this blush. The colors are vibrant swatched but almost *too* natural on the skin. Still, I love the sheen that comes with it and the fact that you need three swipes to overdo it. 

ESQIDO False Lashes in Lashlorette* ($38 retail)- I'm slowly getting back into false lashes now that I know I have the spare time to apply them in the morning. I absolutely adore the simple but luxe packaging and how easy it is to pry those darn suckers out with tweezers. The mink lashes feel sturdy and durable yet the band is super lightweight. I can't wait to take these out for my dinner dates (I often choose lighter volume falsies since my hooded eyes can't handle too much weight.) 

That's all for now, I felt like I've been a good girl and really refrained from overhauling the Sephora Chic Week sale. It really did take me hours to even make my cart of two paltry items! I guess the change in mood is good- I'm waiting for summer collections to roll out and make my purchases then. 

xo Be

* All items marked with an asterisk have been sent for editorial consideration. 

No comments: