Review| NYX Butter Lipsticks and Swatches


For six bucks a pop, NYX Butter Lipsticks are really great for what they claim to be. I was intrigued at first because of their possible relation to NYX infamous Butter Glosses, which are super moisturizing and opaque for a gloss. My local beauty supply store had the entire collection, but I decided on these three after having watched several YouTube swatch videos. 


Here are the ingredients if you're interested. I wonder what they make these lipsticks out of to keep the cost so cheap, crayola and wax?


I picked up Juju (a vibrant red), Lollies (a milky peach pink), and Candy Buttons (a medium warm pink.) 

Let's get the main points out of the way before the swatches: 
  • The colors are not very opaque unless you swipe four coats on, which I've done in the swatches below.With a single pass there is still color that will show up depending on your lips' natural pigmentation. 
  • For me, they are neither drying nor moisturizing. I usually layer them on top of a lip balm just to be sure. The lightest color Lollies emphasized my lip's texture.  
  • They last for about 2 hours before you need to touch up. You don't have to be precise and the lighter colors mean you can just slap and dash. 
  • They are really smooth like buttah and don't skip or tug on the lips.
Overall, I won't be purchasing any more, but I'm very happy with the ones I have right now. They are fun to play around with and have in my purse. They're also great if your lips are already nice enough to start and you just want a wash of color for spring.



 Here they are swatched with one layer and four layers in indirect indoor lighting. 


Here is another look. 

What do you think? Is it worth it for you to splurge on a lipstick or to save money and use whatever works? I really wish these were more moisturizing and opaque, but their light texture and good pigmentation is fine with me. 

xo Be

No comments: