Review| Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Medium


Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation ($26) is like a phoenix risen from the ashes to conquer the world of face-in-a-can products. 

While the shade selection is a total headache of 5 shades to match to, I found Medium to be a very yellow NC35 and a perfect match. Please try to swatch in stores before making any executive decisions. Did I mention it's a supposed dupe for the Dior Airflash foundation which retails for $62? While you will probably find your shade match with Dior, your wallet will hate you for it. If you're really into airbrushing foundations, why not buy two cans of these and mix according to the seasons? That way you get twice the product, too. 



If you read the can that it comes in you'll see that it's fragrance and oil free and claims 10 hours of wear with a matte satin finish. You also get 2.5 fl oz of product as opposed to the standard 1.0 fl oz. I hear a lot of hysteria about the bottle running out faster than standard foundations...don't buy into it. I've heard it lasts 2 months with daily use, and that's spraying liberally into the face as they suggest. 

Is it a satin matte finish that lasts for 10 hours? Hell yes! And let me get this straight, it's a full coverage foundation that feels like NOTHING and lasts all day even in fever inducing weather. I wore this to go shopping and run errands in North Hollywood/Burbank (which is practically a barren wasteland of coal and skin cancer) and I didn't need to blot once. I think it's best for normal to oily skin

 Because it doesn't have SPF, I like it for special occasions where I need my makeup to be budge-proof and flawless. I don't need a separate concealer with this base. Now... if they could somehow put SPF 50 and moisturizer into it and make it a CC Spray Foundation, lolz. 



And now it's time for application tips:

1. Shake well. 
 2. If you do decide to be daring and spray directly onto your face, hold it about 4 to 5 inches away from your face and spray. Try to make an X and then a T on your face and then blend as little as possible, just enough to spread the product evenly onto all surfaces. 
3. DO NOT spray directly/closely onto your hand. You will get a cold burn and literally die. If you want to save product, spray into your foundation brush or the palm of your hand (but not too close.) 

Personally, I like misting it onto the center of my face to prevent any over-buildup of product and then holding the can just a tad closer to my problematic areas and building on coverage with multiple spritzes. I also hear this re-release of Sephora's attempt is much better at NOT getting all over your hair and clothes, and I've never noticed this being an issue. 


This is a foundation I will repurchase over and over again every summer. It withstands heat and humidity very well, looks flawless and feels lightweight, and is perfect for special events. If Sephora does decide to come out with more shades, I'm willing to pick up a lighter shade for winter. 

xo Be




No comments: