Haul| Basics from MAC, Buxom, Bobbi Brown, & Lush


I had a quick day to myself to visit the mall, relax, and do some therapy shopping. I'm still in between houses at the moment, so my stash is tucked away elsewhere and my "halfway home" (Sorry mother in law...) is so small that I can't have more than a small travel case with me. 


I found the limited edition Warm Neutral Palette from MAC (in MAC stores only, not department stores) and it's a whoppin' 100 bucks even. I opted to get it over building my own MakeupGeek palette since 1. ain't nobody got time fo dat and 2. I'll be getting a lot of use from this 15 pan beauty. 

I've heard that many of the shades included are limited edition themselves, but I have never hit pan on one shade exclusively out of any palette so that's not a concern for me. If you have the funds and the guts to do it...pull the trigger! MAC shadows never disappoint me. 


Next, I wandered into Lush hoping to make my first purchase from them. I've gotten bath bombs before, but shied away from their beauty products because they are admittedly on the pricey side. I chose the Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo and American Cream Conditioner ($10 each) as trial sizes/travel friendly options. 

Since I have to share the tiny bathroom with my husband and mother in law, I thought it would be a good idea to try out their Ultrabland Facial Cleanser ($29.95) since it looks cleansing and moisturizing. My skin has been flakey and sad lately and the 4 step process I've been using to remove makeup and cleanse has been time and space consuming. 


Next, I side eyed my current foundation collection (it's smaller after a huge purge to my mom, but still ridiculous) and picked up the Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation ($34) in "You're a Natural." 

I was looking for something easy going, lightweight, and sheer coverage but ultra hydrating. While Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow fulfills these needs, my shade in "Petal" is a tad too light at the moment. This foundation comes in a 1.5 fl oz squeeze tube and seems ultra portable. 


Finally, I picked up the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach ($23) to hide my dark circles. I've never had dark circles before and "brightening" shades in pink just looked ashy on me. This peach shade is supposed to counteract blue and purples tones and look natural on olive/tan skintones. 

Overall, I regret nothing! I can't wait to replace some of  the items in my current routine with these new products and see if they make a difference. 

xo Be

No comments: