Review| Dior Diorskin Nude Foundation in 31 Sand


Dior Diorskin Nude Foundation ($49) is a product that performs so well, I wish it didn't. I see this one to be one I will repurchase once I use it down to the last drop. 

I'm the type of person who never stops looking for great foundations, and this one instantly landed itself into my top five holy grail list after a week (hell, even a day!) but I waited to use it regularly over a longer period of time to give the most thorough review. 


As always, here are the ingredients and drug facts on the packaging for your enjoyment. 


The foundation comes in a glass bottle with an extravagant silver bottle top that is not only over the top, but fragile! Underneath the cap is a pump. 

Within the range, numbers ending in #1 means that the foundation has a yellow/olive undertone, #0 is neutral, #2 is pink toned, and #3 is peach toned. Numbers start at #10 and end at #70, so there's a good range of colors that accommodate to your skin tone.

I picked up shades 31 Sand for summer and 21 Linen for winter. These two encompass the shade range I stay in between all seasons (NC20 to NC35) and I can always mix to find an exact match. For now, #31 is perfect for NC30-NC35. I found little to no oxidation with this product, unlike Dior Forever foundation which oxidizes a half shade to whole shade darker. 



Texture and Finish: This foundation is rather liquid-y and dries down to a satin/natural finish, mimicking how real skin "glows" without dripping in dew and sans minor flaws. I was really surprised at how nicely it played with my dry patches and flakes for how good the coverage is on the skin. I love this foundation because of how smooth it makes my skin look. 

However, keep in mind that it does look like "makeup" on the skin. It's not as if it just sits on top of your skin, but it's not anywhere sheer enough to look natural in my opinion. 

I would suggest this for dry to combo skinned people with no extreme dryness or oiliness to address. 

Here it is swatched next to similar foundations in my stash, both indoor and outdoor lighting. 




Coverage: "Diorskin Nude" may make you think that this foundation provides sheer to light coverage, but it's actually light to medium, buildable to full. On me, I would say that it's a solid medium. I don't need to reach for a concealer with this foundation unless I have a huge zit to hide. It glides over my hyper-pigmentation and dark spots and completely gets rid of red areas. 

Lasting Power: Similar to the Forever foundation, this one wears like steel. I wore this on days bordering on 95 degrees outside and it still looked flawless when I went to take it off at night. Realistically it does start to fade slightly around 7 hours for me, but who's complaining? The amazing thing is that it does not cake around my nose even after all that time. 

Application: Dior suggests that you use a flat paddle foundation brush or your fingers to blend the foundation into the skin. I find that a buffing brush, BeautyBlender, or even fingers work well with Diorskin Nude. It's really easy to use and not fussy at all. You can build up layers where you need more coverage, as I often do for my left cheek rife with broken capillaries.
 
You can see the foundation (one coat) on the left side and no foundation on the right. It evens out my complexion without looking cakey or fake, see? 


In this closeup, you can see how the foundation covers my broken capillaries only slightly but gives me a polished appearance.


Here is a finished look with the foundation, not set with any powder. It isn't a dewy finish at all. In fact, it's very "my skin but better." Lines are softened and spots are lightened in a way that makes my skin almost glow from within, nyurk nyurk. 



Overall, I don't think this foundation is overpriced especially when compared to other high end (or even mid-range) base products. It performs well, lasts forever, and looks amazing on the skin. Not to mention, you're paying the extra money for such classy packaging. This is one I wouldn't mind repurchasing and keeping in my stash at all times!

xo Be






No comments: