Review| Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum


Dry, mature, dehydrated skin needs the Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum

Hourglass states that you can also use this during the night as an ultra moisturizing balm, but I find it strange to go to sleep with a "primer" on my skin. It's a blend of essential oils and "good for you" ingredients like vitamins. You can use it as your moisturizer but I fervently suggest it as a spot treatment. 

I purchased the full size after having sampled the mini and found that it was the only thing that helped with flakes. Sure it's $65 for 1 fl oz, but you need so little at a time that one bottle will last years provided that your skin stays dry and  unhappy all of the time. 



That's still not the case, because within a week of using this primer you will see any dry patches or flakes disappear like magic. I struggle with dry patches during the winter and flakes on my nose throughout the year, so I know how frustrating it is when your foundation looks like crap even though it promises luminous and glowy skin. 

This primer, with repeated use, will get rid of those dry problem areas and not just hide them. You can apply it all over the face and it will feel like rubbing bacon grease + lube all over yourself. Or, you can spot treat any flakes and dry patches and save some money. The point is, it will hide your worst dry spots so that foundations glide on effortlessly. After a week you'll find that those dry patches have lessened or even disappeared. 

One pump is enough to prime the entire face, so exercise caution and use sparingly. It has a medicinal smell and reminds me of eucalyptus oil which isn't the most pleasant of scents. It's not overpowering nor lingering, so I put up with it in the morning to get my skin looking good. 

Give the smaller size a try, you may find it magical as I did. 

xo Be


No comments: