Review| Lancome Cils Booster XL

Lancôme Cils Booster XL ($24.50 retail) is my first venture in mascara bases, and I have to say it makes a subtle but definite difference in the staying power of my mascara and length of my lashes.




The price isn't right, but what else can one expect from Lancôme? They make one of my Holy Grail mascaras, Lancôme Definicils, which takes my lashes to va-va-voom status even when I had short and stubby lashes prior to Latisse.


The Cils (lashes) Booster goes on stark white, which sort of looks cool if you'd like to wear it alone as a winter editorial high fashun look. Once your main mascara goes on the white color disappears. The lash wand is a simple straight fiber wand that's small enough to apply product to my inner corners.

What difference does it make? For one, it ensures that my mascara doesn't flake or smudge under the eyes after a long day of work. I notice that it prolongs the wear of any mascara I use, even if it's a cheapo drugstore one or a high end formulation.

Second, it has fibers that extend my lashes out without those said fibers falling all up in my contacts, effectively rendering me blind a few hours in. Even if I use a volumizing mascara like Maybelline The Falsies on top, my lashes still look very separated, long, and luscious.


Yum, product build up. This tube is on its last leg and I'll have to drag out my backup soon. When it starts drying out the white is much less noticeable on your lashes and you have to build on several coats. 

It's one of those discoveries that seem extraneous to my daily routine but makes such a huge difference that I always remember the extra step if I'm doing my makeup for an event/going out. 

Do you like lash primers? Do they do anything for you? 

xo Be


No comments: