Review| Laneige BB Cushion in Light

The Laneige BB Cushion ($34) is one gimmicky goodness of a product because it's not a gimmick at all!

Besides the cute packaging that makes it a dream come true to carry liquid foundations around in your purse, Laneige the Korean brand has scurried over to America at your local Target stores for even cheaper than Korea's market value (upwards of $45) on EBay. Imagine that.


In a desperate attempt to get my hands on the re-usable compact, I picked up Light seeing that Medium was out of stock. *tears* The product comes with an extra full sized refill, so now I have two "Light" that I hope I'll be pale enough by winter to use.

Light is definitely super pale and matches NC20, at most! I kept the compact around at work to touch up on my T-zone (my excuse was that I was highlighting my face and adding sun protection...)

I also ordered #23 Sand Beige ($23 on EBay) online from a legit Amore Pacific dealer hoping it matches me at NC30, and it seems to fit NC25-30 perfectly with strong yellow tones. None of that pink/grey/greige bullshit that's so prevalent in Korean BB Creams.

Since BB creams are soooo late 2000's, the trend is to put all that liquid goodness into a spongy compact that's not only portable but cooling, brightening, oil-controlling, and full of sun protection. Did I mention it's basically a foundation, so you get coverage too??

Yeah, it's as good as it sounds. 



Not only can you push the bottom out easily to refill the compact over and over again, there's also a mirror inside for you to reapply throughout the day. And guess what? The product itself is so light, you would really have to try to make it look cakey and thick. It's a light coverage foundation that can be buildable over your worst spots to hide them completely.


I want to emphasize that this product cannot be used with fingers (unsanitary as hell) or a brush (cumbersome.) Here's a hint: use the included blue sponge that's reusable and comes with every refill. With patting motions, you'll be able to cover a lot of ground in seconds.

Pros: 
  • It feels very lightweight on the skin and layers easily.
  • Reasonably priced as $34 gets you two full sized product wells.You can always buy a refill online with the appropriate shade needed like I did.
  • There is a relatively good shade range for you to choose from, anywhere from very light and pink to tan and yellow in undertone. Even very tan ladies have the "Dark" option in Target.
  • It imparts a very dewy finish on the skin but doesn't slip around or melt off easily. 
  • The BB cushion has SPF 50, meaning with continued use my facial skin has lightened to NC25-30 even in the middle of summer.


Cons:

  • The compact is not very heavy, but it does take up space in your purse.
  • The sponge and container gets very dirty unless you wash it regularly. 
  • Did I mention that swiping produces no coverage but patting does? It's something new to get used to.
  • Since coverage is light, those looking to cover up severe acne, scarring, or dark spots may be disappointed.
  • The BB only lasts around 4 to 6 hours and must be touched up during the day. I don't recommend it for oily skin even if it does claim to control oil. 


I do have to agree with the hype train over there in Asia that these BB cushions are great ideas in theory and practice. You get to reapply your sunscreen (liberally!) througout the day and refer to a mirror, much like touching up your powder. I personally leave my compact in my work drawer so that I can touch up after lunch, but you can always leave it on your vanity or throw it in your purse. 


xo Be









No comments: