Review| Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip- Waterproof Lip Liner

A quick rave for the Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip- Waterproof Lip Liners ($19): long lasting, actually waterproof, yet non drying and comfortable on the lips. Rosewood 2C is a rosey nude that's perfect for lifting my lip color a few shades (a dupe for MAC Boldy Bare) while Medium Natural Beige 3C matches my lips exactly. 




Wear: Yep. these are pretty water resistant. I can wear these alone and see minimal to no transfer on my coffee mug in the morning. The color usually fades after 6 hours but there's still a slight tackiness on your lips after your lipstick wears off. All bets are off if you like oily food, but they definitely prolong the wear of your favorite lipstick. 

Opacity and Pigmentation: Very pigmented and can be worn as stand alone lip products. I love using either to redefine my lip line. I don't often match my liner to lipstick and wear nude liners to perfect my lip shape and prevent feathering. 

Comfort: These lip liners are very creamy without being smudge-y, if that makes sense. You may have to warm it up a little by outlining your lips first before filling them in, but there's minimal drag and you don't have to wear a balm. A lot of lip liners are extremely drying on me but paradoxically don't work if there's a lip balm underneath. 

If you're new to lipliners, I think these are a great place to start. There's a huge color range to match most lipstick options and they're affordable if you consider the fact that I only have to sharpen my pencil every two weeks with daily wear. 

xo Be



No comments: