Review| NUXE Reve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm

Reve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm ($19) is a godsend.

Quite literally, this was made by the angels to be bestowed upon lowly humans wishing to moisturize their mortal lips.



I've never had anything repair my lips to the point where matte lipsticks are not only bearable, they're wearable and even comfortable on the lips. I can wear NARS lipsticks (the original formula) with ease, even if they pull and drag. I can wear any other formulation and the *driest* my lips will look is with a few lines accentuated...not a giant mess of dead skin. Gross.

Okay, okay. You're wondering why a pot of lip balm is almost twenty bucks. But it works, I swear! It smells like chocolate oranges, doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth, and isn't shiny or glossy. It pairs underneath any kind of lipstick or lip product well if you blot off the excess, and it also works to moisturize your lips overnight. That is, if you sleep alone, because my husband thinks he's being sly when he kisses me to get some of this onto his own lips...

I've had my pot for a month and haven't made more than 1/5th progress. I don't reapply throughout the day because (here's the kicker) I don't need to do! Before, I'd use my Bite Agave Lip Mask at night to heal flakey or peeling lips, but ever since using this balm I haven't had a single flaking incident.

And yes, I've repurchased just because I can. If we were in an apocalyptic world by tomorrow at least I'm kissable and can find myself a band of rogue shirtless and brawny men who will stand up for me. And my husband can too if he keeps stealing some from me.

xo Be


No comments: