First Look| MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Fashion Force and Glamorized



Holy f*cking shit, it's a MAC lipstick that doesn't cause my lips to crack, bleed, peel, or flake!

And as the biggest middle finger ever, MAC decided that their Huggable Lipcolours ($20) be limited edition releases. How about you make 'em permanent in a wider range of colors? I would be a MAC lipstick hoarder. (Well, I used to be, until I realized that I couldn't use a single one and purged them all to my mom.)




The packaging is sleek and VERY lightweight, making it perfect to toss into your handbag for touchups. And you will need touchups. This is not a long-wearing formula by any meaning of that word, but with minimal drinking and snacking they lasted for a few hours and left a slight stain on me. 

I get a little confused and try to twist off the cap every time, but the secure packaging just needs a good yank.

They have a faint scent of the classic vanilla specific to permanent MAC lipsticks. 



If you're a fan of comfortable, creamy, and jelly finish lip balms like Revlon Lip Butters (ironically, those make my lips feel tight, so wtf) you will find these amazing and worth collecting in multiple shades. That is, until you realize that half of the 2015 Spring launch is some mutation of a nude coral peach shade. There are two reds, a true orange, and a hot pink to *sorta* round it out, but you won't find any groundbreaking color here. They're all spring appropriate. 


Although the formula is on the creamy side and could feel heavier on the lips (like a thick balm) it does not bleed easily. I like them alone and can tolerate reapplication throughout the day without applying a lip balm in the morning. 

Let me re-emphasize: these are COMFORTABLE. Even if my lips are looking chapped or dry, these lipsticks seem to glide over textural issues and hide them well. The opacity is not as extreme as say, a NARS Audacious lipstick, but it is neither a sheer wash of color. See for yourself. 

This is Glamorized.



 And this is Fashion Force. 





Even if you're on the fence about the small and limited color selection, you should at least pick one up to try!

Since this is THE best lipstick formula for every day that I've found in a long time, I'll be picking up Play it Soft and Flaming Lips to round out my color library. Then I guess I'll have to wait until the next limited edition release. 

xo Be


































1 comment:

Miss Renee said...

I love both shades on you! Shame that the range is so limited, though.