Review| Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion in 15L


I hold opinions from certain people in high regards, and a fellow makeup lover suggested that I check out the Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion ($36) line. 

It's a waterproof (!!?) gel-powder bronzer that comes in 6 shades and two finishes: matte and luminous. Be forewarned that all six lean warm and I don't believe any of them to be appropriate for true contouring. 

I picked up 15L, the lightest of the bunch, because I like my bronzers to be subtle. My skin should look like "Oh this? It's natural...from my expeditions in Bali." and never "Oh this? I hope you can see the powder residue on my face this fine day."

From my in store swatches, it appears as if both the L and M finishes are glowy and satin finish rather than truly stripper-sparkly and bone matte. I've also heard a lot of complaints about this product lacking in pigmentation, so I want to dispel some theories. 


First, the gel-powder hybrid monstrosity of a formula requires you to use a buffing or stippling brush to apply. DO NOT USE a fluffy powder brush! Please use something dense and geared towards picking up liquid and cream products. If you see the promotional brush they're trying to shill you'll see that it's a flat top dome shaped brush that's densely packed. 

Second, blend in circular motions with your buffing brush onto the high points of your face, or the perimeter, or both if you'd like and don't be unimpressed with the pigmentation. It IS there, just very subtle and build-able. Besides, bronzer is not something you want to be heavy handed with in the first place. 

So as a pro and con: it does take time to build up on the face.

I also hear that the new Sculpting Duos released by MUFE include a dupe for 30M and two beautiful highlights. In retrospect, I should have picked the #2 duo up. Instead, I stupidly thought it was a marketing fluke and that the bronzer was meant to be used as a contour powder. 

*wahhhh* Ragrets. 

I've included swatches of: Benefit Hoola Bronzer (definitely much more red toned), Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium (a true contouring product), and MUFE in 15L. 

This is indoor, indirect natural lighting. 



This is indoor flash. 


If you're not a fan of warm toned bronzers I think it's best that you stay away. Otherwise, this new formula is mindblowingly good at creating the BEST natural tans. And yep, you won't see any tell-tale signs of a powder product on your cheek and temple. I believe 20M is the coolest out of the bunch and could *technically* be used for contouring...but don't take my word for it. 

xo Be

No comments: