Edit| High End Lip Products for Summer



I'm not one for high end lipstick hoarding. I've never had a lipstick go rotten on me but I've never been able to use up a lipstick completely. When I buy high end lipsticks, I usually cling onto their beauty so hard that I forget (or purposefully try not) to use them up. In the end, they sit like ancient relics on my vanity until I get scared and toss them into the fridge to prevent further death and decay.

However, since I've been honest with myself and purging what I don't need from my collection, I've had a lot more opportunities to start putting my lips to high end, rare, fancy lipsticks that feel too luxurious to use.

I've also had a chance to pick up more fun, summery colors that aren't too opaque and serious for both work and play.

`

First, I gave the YSL Babydoll Kiss and Blush in 5 Rouge Effrontee ($39) a good effort. When these were first released I gave them the side eye and moved along. Stains for blushes and cheek? Probably either too drying, sheer, or complete shit for both cheeks and lips. To my pleasant surprise, these nail polish shaped stains act like an opaque matte liquid lipstick on the lips and a lovely stain on the cheeks that lasts an entire day. Rouge Effrontee is a hot pink coral that's very flattering and bright.

On the glossy, watery, balmy end of the spectrum, the YSL Glossy Stain in 7 Corail Aquatique ($36) is a revisit of a favored formula for me. While I still think that the Revlon Moisture Stains are great dupes of this formula (a little thinner and patchier), Corail Aquatique is an easy-to-wear muted peach that could pass as MLBB if you're a Kpop princess.




Then shit got REALLY REAL, and I bit the bullet for two Guerlain Rouge Automatiques ($37 each) in Nahema and Insolence. It's hard to explain these colors without calling everything peach or coral, so I guess you could say that every shade I purchased is a mutation of coral.



Besides the adorable trap door/slide down for lipstick to come up contraption that may lead to many lipsticks ruined in the palm of your hands, the formula is...amazing. It glides on, imparting color that's moisturizing, doesn't bleed all over lip lines, and stays on for a solid 6 hours before fading evenly. 

*pupils dilate, grabs all teh Guerlain*



Here are swatches with Insolence on the left and Nahema on the right (two swipes versus one for each color). 



Because all of these options are on the sheerer side without being too in yo face about their pigment, I don't feel afraid to wear lipstick. All of them can be applied without a mirror and I don't have to blot anything down or feel self-conscious about stares. Isn't comfort what makes makeup fun in the first place? 

xo Be



No comments: