First Look| Urban Decay


Urban Decay has another product for its Naked Skin collection, and this time, it's a tinted moisturizer product that actually offers coverage! The One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector ($34) comes in 6 shades and offers sheer-light coverage with SPF 20 protection. 

I know, I know, I have quite a few of "sheer perfection" products for the summer, but I actually perused the contents of my thinning herd and found ZERO tinted moisturizers for my summer tan. Yerp, my insane brain thought that the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation and CoverFX Drops in G40 was a good idea for chill low maintenance humidasfuck summer days. 


A few good points here:

"The benefits of a sheer foundation with the coverage of a tinted moisturizer" = So basically, a tinted moisturizer with the benefits of a tinted moisturizer? Wut. 

"provides all-day wear" = TRUTH. This stuff looks better as the day goes on, and by hour 9, my face doesn't look like it's molten with liquid gold lava sweat. 

"...it transforms the look of your skin!" = I'm not sure about that one, but Urban Decay sure loves to pack skincare into their base products. 


From left to right: UD Naked Skin in 4.0, IT Cosmetics in Light, L'oreal Infallible in Golden Beige, and....Urban Decay One and Done in Medium. I think it's hideously orange in comparison to my current stash, but it's a good fit for NC30-35 AND sheer enough to only make me look falsely tanned at the moment. I took a real shot at getting a FOTD for you, but the coverage really wasn't sheer enough to make me look (not) insane. 


My gripe at this point is the low SPF for the high price point. I personally *love* the coverage of my IT CC cream, but the Medium shade is just too neutral for my olive skin. Meanwhile, it still boasts SPF50 and I can skip my moisturizer and setting powder to frolic carelessly out of the house. 

Still, the One and Done really is one and done. Three full pumps will get me to light coverage that covers redness and hides my dark circles. I can apply it with my fingers or a domed kabuki with no streakiness, and with the right setting powder, the satin finish holds up for an entire day. It doesn't highlight my flakes AND controls my oil. Nice!

xo Be