Swap Haul| Priorities, Be. [Part One]

With a new-found interest in swapping my makeup for "essential items", I've neglected the voices in my head telling me to go shopping. With the post office a block away and the Internet at my disposal, I've picked up so much good stuff by swapping away makeup that's been sitting at the back of my drawer (or fridge) for ages.See? Told you I'm on a low-buy. Just a high swap :D I also have to validate it by deluding myself that post office stamps are not worth real money.

This post covers the first half of swap items that's arrived within this past two weeks. Most of these items are lemmings, rather than essentials. A lot of these items are those I've always wanted to try but don't have the funds to do so.

Ready for some serious eye candy?

Image

 

2013-09-27 16.01.31

In no particular order: NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Sandra and Wicked, Becca Loose Pigment in Odette, Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Taupe, Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzer, Buxom lipgloss in Samantha, Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl and Watt's Up samples, Urban Decay Revolution lipstick sample in Catfight, NARS Albatross/Orgasm duo, Stila It Girl palette (for the iconic Kitten!), Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion (backup number 4), Clinique Moisture Surge, The Balm's Frat Boy blush.

I don't mean to brag, but that is some seriously savvy swapping *pats self on back* At the same time I've managed to clear out all extra samples, try out new ones, hoard up on high end items, and stock up on skincare. I would have never been able to afford Kevyn Aucoin, but with a little fancy fingerwork and shameless swap list browsing, I've been able to find quite a few gems.

The only downside is that swapping isn't open to completely everybody on MakeupAlley.com I think you have to had been a member of their site prior to a certain date? Ah well. Exclusive makeup illuminati circle is exclusive. It does frighten me when someone asks to swap and I have to look through 30 pages of items. Crazy makeup lady, is that you??

Ah well, time to get back to job hunting. That's all for today, folks!

Be

2 comments:

nattohokine15 said...

All of that makeup looks incredible! Whenever I get new makeup, I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning :) I really love your blog so far!!!

<3 Your New Follower, Naa

http://adolescentchic.wordpress.com/

minhvn29 said...

Aw, thank you! That really means a lot to me :)