Haul| Sephora VIB Sale (Guerlain, Bulgari, Dolce and Gabbana, Hourglass, YSL, etc)

This is the culmination of my shame. And guess what? My Guerlain Meteorites hasn't even arrived!
While I shell out here and there for mid-range items throughout the year, Sephora's VIB sale presented itself as an opportunity to haul massively overpriced and high end items. Why not? 20% off really counts when the item is over 50 bucks, and you best believe others thought the same. I had a little help from a few gift cards and store credit cards. Also, I made VIB Rouge status (so shameful) and won't be buying until next January when the hype around Naked 3 has died down.

 I went in stores for my first batch and the store was swarming with women buying Christmas gifts early and others grabbing limited edition items like it was a Walmart food aisle during a zombie apocalypse. It was embarrassing, and I partook in it, snatching the last Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and hurriedly stuffing it into my cart. I do regret not buying the Laura Mercier's Artist Palette for 2013, but that's another sob story involving my complete undecided-ness and lack of passion for purple.

Warning, this post is heavily heavy with heavy swatches and pictures. 

I picked up the last Bulgari Jasmin Noir EDP for her and Dolce and Gabbana The One cologne for him. Lovely for the upcoming winter, as both smell musky and work well fireside and cuddling.


Next, I hauled Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation in OC-2 (perfect for NC25-NC30), a full sized Hourglass No.28 Serum primer (not pictured, but I do have the sample), D&G Blush in Tan, and an Illamasqua Blush Brush for contouring.



From left to right: NARS Gypsy, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Violet Incognito, and UD Revolution in Native.
Sorry for the blurry picture, I wanted to zoom in some more.



Under natural lighting. It's rather overcast at the moment.

Under fluorescent lighting. 
Below, the amazingly overpriced Guerlain Ecrin Couleurs in Les Fumes, Shiseido eyelash curler, and Lancome Cils Booster XL lash booster.



The first four are swatches of the Les Fumes. The color on the outer right is D&G blush in Tan.


And finally, the piece de resistance, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette and single in Ethereal Light.




From left to right: Ethereal, Radiant, Incandescent, and Dim Light. All under unflattering fluorescent lighting.
Another view. Notice how Ethereal looks rather pale and matte, perfect for a setting powder. These are built up at 3 passes.


 That's all for today, I want to do a very in depth review for most of the individual items in my haul, because I happened to pick up a lot of great finds. I'm very impressed with a lot of the things in my find, especially since they have to live up to the expectation of their pricetags. I'm expecting Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Beige this Monday, and that will be another post for you to see. It's pretty exciting to own so many shiny, sparkly, velvet wrapped things with a brand name like Guerlain!

 I'm also looking to do a review of the Vice 2 palette, if that horse hasn't already been beaten to death with a blunt cudgel. Have a lovely day!

Be

















No comments: