Review| Avene Retrinal Plus 0.1 Cream


I'm 22, and I love retinol. 

Is that a scary confession? I believe prevention is much easier than trying to reverse signs of skin damage, and it's never too early to use eye cream (for moisture) or retinol for fine lines. 

And yes! I finally have fine lines under my eyes (along with dark circles) thanks to the change in climate and higher stress levels that comes with being an "adult." Not to mention, the laugh line (I have only one, not sure if I sneer or smirk too often) is the Debbie Downer of my face. 

Neutrogena is all fine and good when it comes to cheaper alternatives of retinol, but I wanted something more effective and still over the counter. Prescription retinol sounds like it would freeze dry my face or make me crusty and flaky, much like a stale croissant. 


Enter the Avene Retrinal + 0.1 Cream (around $44 on Amazon) which promises to visibly reduce wrinkles and brighten skin. It's the heaviest strength of retinol available to the masses but can't be found in the drugstore. 

I like to alternate my skin saving ingredients: BHA, Vitamin C, and retinol every day underneath a heavy moisturizer, so a tube has lasted me months. I also only spot treat under the eyes and on my laugh line, making sure to apply 15 minutes after washing my face and waiting the same amount of time before applying my sealing coat of moisturizer. 



Has this product reversed me into baby-hood? Hardly. That's not to say it doesn't work! I've noticed a huge improvement in the laugh line and some for the under eyes (which I think really just needs a heavy cream.) I can only notice a pronounced groove if I wear heavy and thick foundations, but my bare face has vastly improved. 

xo Be

No comments: