First Look| Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette




I keep telling myself to stop buying  Urban Decay Vice Palettes, because I'm no longer in touch with any of the past palettes (except Vice 2, which I stole back from my mom after realizing my stash was deplete of color.) 

BUT LOOOOOK... I was drawn like a moth to Beatdown, Pandemonium, Fast Ball, Flame, and Harlot. The Vice 4 ($60) is colorful but still "neutral" enough for the workspace. I had reservations about the green/blues but they are very wearable on the lid. 

I always need two mattes for building any eye looks: a soft cream shade (Framed) and warm brown (Bitter) so those boxes are checked as well. Delete is a lovely one if you're working towards a smokey look. 



I really like the huge mirror in a slim (magnetic) closure compact. The duo ended brush is similar to every past iteration. 




 See below for swatches (one swipe from top to bottom and right to left.)


Here's another one with the natural sunlight out to play. 


I tried to capture some Macro shots on my shoddy phone for you as well. 





 I found most of these shades easy to blend and not prone to fallout. Flame, Low, and Crowbar will most likely require glitter epoxy and/or Fix+ on a packing brush and/or a finger application since their glitter is much chunkier than the rest of the palette. 


 Here I'm using Flame on the mobile lid with C-Note in the outer V and Grasshopper to line under the eyes. See? Colorful but neutral. These are not the same IN YO FACE ULTRA GLITTAH shades that you'll find in Vice 1 or 2. 



Here is Underhand and Harlot (inner corners) on top of a Kiko eyeshadow pencil in #5. I really love Harlot because I'm a huge fan of lilac shifts. 


Here's Fastball and Bitter


Basically, if you're afraid of wearing colors but want to break out of a neutrals rut you should pick up this one for the 2015 Holiday season. You'll find enough colors that aren't too loud but will still spruce up your routine.