Review| Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso


After trying my fair share of liquid lipsticks from LimeCrime and Kat Von D, I can't say I'm impressed with the highly coveted Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso ($22). I picked it up on a whim because Beso is absolutely gorgeous and dare I say universally flattering. 

Seriously! Unlike the color on the wand suggests, Beso dries to a deeper red that's not too blue based or bright. LimeCrime's Red Velvet is much brighter and can look clownish on me if not muted down with a darker lip liner underneath. 

Besides the lovely color, however, I would not recommend this product when there are so many other liquid lipsticks on the market. 



A typical doe foot applicator, except this one is rather long and thin. 

Claims: 
  • Creamy-matte, full coverage liquid lipstick: Sure. One swipe is full opacity. It never truly dries down to a matte, so I guess creamy-matte is an apt way of describing it. I have to wipe off most of the product on the mouth of the tube. 

  • Long Lasting color stays in place for up to 6 hours of continuous wear- I would have to disagree. It's a long lasting lipstick, but not for 6 hours of wear. I had to touch up the color after a few hours of sipping tea and coffee. I think the trick is to let it dry completely and never press your lips together as it's doing so. 

  • Weightless color rich formula will not bleed or transfer- Here's where the claim dies slowly. It's a lightweight formula, but it gets....everywhere! I had lipstick on my phone, on my paperwork, on my chin, on my tea cup....RED LIPSTICK FOR EVERYTHING. The color stayed true on my lips and didn't feather outside of lip lines per say...it just jumped everywhere. 

  • Enriched with vitamin E and avocado oil to help hydrate and nourish lips- I wore this alone to test it out and it was slightly drying. My lips didn't peel or flake, but they felt dry after a long day. I feel like a waxy balm underneath would help tremendously. But then....would it be transfer city? That is a mystery I do not want to solve. 

Here it is on the lips. If you look closely, the lip lines are not very precise. It's infuriating to have messy red lips!





Overall, a great color in a high maintenance formula. I want something I can slap on and forget about, and this Stila product is over-hyped in my opinion. 


xo Be





















No comments: