Edit| Highlighters for Pale and Fair Skin




At my lightest, I only reach NC20 even with constant reapplication of sunscreen and avoidance of the sun. However, I still enjoy a high contrast sheen of white on the tops of the cheekbones when I'm light or tan. For very fair to light skinned people, I hope this post is somewhat informative in terms of swatches. 

I recently hauled three new highlighters and they're all very white. If I'm not careful they look ashy and stark on the skin. However, they all look great with a very precise brush applied to the tear ducts of the eyes, tops of the cheekbones, and cupid's bow. Rather than blending into my skin they stick out like a beacon in space. 

Canmake Milky White highlighter (around $5 online) and Canmake Glow Fleur Highlighter in Planet Light (around $15 online) are both Asian drugstore items that can be considered highlighters or all over finishing powders if you're brave (and tan like me.) There's no obvious flecks of glitter. On the other hand, my new Physician's Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent (~$14) leans a bit more pink and pearlescent. 

I've compared with Becca SSP in Moonstone, which isn't the lightest (Opal would be closer to this highlighter family) but it only works when I've lost my tan.

This is indoor lighting. One pass. No primer. 

This is outdoor and direct natural lighting. 


And the flash photograph that reveals the amount of luminosity in each powder. 



The one with the most offensive texture (on the chalky dry side) is the cheapest Canmake option, but I'm willing to bet my first born son that it makes a lovely highlighter or setting powder for very very fair folks. The PF Pearls are ultra flattering, though for the faint of heart you may want to avoid areas with large pores. I'm pleasantly surprised by the (lack of) intensity of the Canmake Planet Light when used all over the face. 


xo Be






























No comments: