Review| Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder




I've been completely loyal to my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light for a very long time, but the heat of summer and my pore size said it was time to find another setting powder to add to my collection. 

I honestly don't have many. On most days, I either forego setting powder altogether or dab only a bit onto my t-zone. The rest can be chalked up as "dewy skin."


However, I've heard many raves for the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Setting Powder ($30). They do have a loose version, but I hate dust being kicked up all over my vanity in the morning. It boasts to make your skin look "HD" meaning airbrushed: no pores, fine lines, oil seepage, or generally human skin qualities showing through once you place this down.



Mattifying? I guess. It keeps my slightly oily t-zone matte for most of the day and requires a touch up in 4-5 hours. However, it does do the job without looking cakey and smooths out my pores and fine lines as promised. I can layer it on top of any base product and it will not bunch up on my skin.

The product itself is translucent, but if you have a very deep skin tone it may be too ashy and chalky. 

The puff included is also really cute and handy for touch-ups. I find that my standard fluffy powder brush can pick up too much product, so I use something delicate like the Wayne Goss 02 brush to pick up just a bit of product and press it into my pores to blur them. I then sweep the remaining product onto my forehead, under the nose, and chin. 


Overall, it's a good one to keep at your work desk or in your bag for touch-ups. I think the best part about this powder is how natural it looks. It doesn't accentuate any of my dry spots. 

xo Be