Review| Josie Maran Argan Oil Moisturizer SPF 47

I have held off on this review for the longest time (perhaps over several months) because it's always been a hateful relationship...until now. 

Yes, the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 ($36) was hailed as the best daily sunscreen and moisturizer for the reptilian overlords/dry skinned people. I happened to get my hands on the "Protect and Perfect" version, which features a strong peach tint. Thus, my pale and cool yellow skin in the depths of winter couldn't agree with it. 


Besides the slight chemical SS scent, the lotion has a wonderfully emollient feeling. A sunscreen that actually moisturizes! But no matter how much or little I used, it seemed like the wrong color and was too dark to correct with my foundation of choice on top. I hated it and threw it to the back of my refrigerator. 

Now that I'm a deeper NC35 and the fake tanning sessions are back in business, I seem to enjoy this one more and more. It doesn't stay tacky on the skin even if you should give it a minute to fully sink in before doing the rest of your makeup. I also like how the peach tint cancels out any darkness under my eyes. 

If you're going to purchase, I think the non-tinted version might fare better for you. It's SPF47 housed in a nice glass bottle with a pump, and you won't have to layer tons of skincare underneath first thing in the morning.

xo Be

No comments: