First Look| Obligatory Drugstore Haul

It starts with one YT video. You're thinking to yourself, wow this girl has a keen eye for new products! Wait a week. By this time everyone and their mother has hauled the exact same thing, perhaps in varying quantity. Then you think to yourself, "Hey...are you sponsored?"

No, I'm not sponsored. I took it upon myself to find these new products just to offer an opinion on them, not that anyone cares. Also, I get giddy hauling drugstore products just because the feeling of ripping apart plastic from paper is magical.


Revlon has reissued their Photoready Skinlight Face Illuminators ($10.99 retail) in four shades. Due to undertone conflict of interest, I went with Bare Light for every day and Bronze Light for every day in the summer. They aren't as refined in glitter (is glitter ever refined?) as my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, but they do just as well under foundation. Best bet with these is to use them sparingly and on high points of your face.

I also found the last of two Colorburst Matte Balms ($8.99 retail) in Shameless. This has been out for quite a while and the hype was definitely real. It looks great on any skin tone and is vampy without looking gothic. I like the minty smell and its lasting power.

L'oreal has a line of colored gloss (surprise) that has very fancy names like "101 Rose Melody" and other music/dance related things. Technically, they're called Color Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks. They are very pigmented, feel glossy on the lips, but don't last very well either. For 9.99 retail, they aren't the cheapest either. They do smell good, like a faint artificial fruit/cherry, but I wouldn't purchase another.

They also have a new concealer out, Visible Lift CC Eye Concealer ($9.99 retail). I'm not sure how "CC" snuck itself into the name, but I picked up "Light" which seemed reasonably yellow-toned. The coverage is minimal, but it does redeem itself with a cooling rollerball. Probably best for when you need "CC" coverage.

Maybelline Volum' Express One by One mascara ($7.99 retail) is one I've never heard of even though I'm sure it's been on the market for quite some time. A few of my old drugstore mascaras had dried out and since my lashes are looking great with Latisse, I figure something that defines and separates will do just fine with them. The bristles on this one promises to never clump the formula. Interesting...

Finally, the very anticipated Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer ($6.99 retail) aptly labeled "for use by adults only", because I very much wanted my baby to have baby skin. What the hell. Upon application it feels very silicone-y and slippery, almost greasy. It takes 10 seconds to set and blurred my skin well. I'll have to do a comparison with Benefit's Porefessional for you.

How's your new year going? Any resolutions you've already broken?
XO, Be

No comments: