Review| Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color


While it can be said that I have been and never will be a lip gloss gal, quite a few drugstore formulations have changed my mind for the better. Colored gloss makes life easy. Your lips are rounded and even out, you get a tint of color, and can bypass the lengthy liner/fill/blot/fill/pucker/smooch routine associated with such trivial things like lipstick. 


As you can tell, when I like something, I'll buy it in several colors. Hell, I'll start a collection. Especially when the formulation is as creamy as these. They were for a decent amount of time (maybe 2 or 3 hours before touch-up) and aren't sticky to the point where your hair morphs into your face. Plus, I love the simple (and informative!) packaging and doe-foot applicator that's quite precise.

The entire range occupies loads of space at your local drugstore and for under 9 dollars they can be yours to keep! But really, I can't wait to go back and get more. They are probably marketed to be dupes of YSL glossy stains because not everyone likes spending 30 bucks on lip gloss. Let's be real.

Beware that some shades do have micro-glitter that is very apparent on the lips, and some only show signs of shimmer after they wear off. They aren't super opaque on the lips or as vibrant as the packaging suggests, but they are still colored glosses.



From top: 060 Nude Illusion, 100 Petal Plush, 010 Celestial Coral, and 030 Raspberry Rhapsody.




These are cheap thrills for me, but I do enjoy how moisturizing they can be and how they add an oomph to any lipstick you're wearing. One downside (or major upside) is that they have a very strange, off putting smell. It's not quite floral, gourmand, or even woodsey. In fact, it smells like a Vietnamese dessert I know and hate. They will probably smell like vanilla or sugar to you. MIXED WITH ESSENCE OF WOODEN CLOTHESHANGERS.

That's all for today. 
XO, Be

No comments: